buying new gun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I like Taurus revolvers but their semi-autos not so much.

I have owned a few and none of them made first string

carry rotation. The triggers IMHO are heavy and sluggish.

Also try getting out of one for near what you pay for it.

Can't go wrong with a Glock in reliability or re-sell value.

Just my .02 :anyone:

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Buying a Taurus is like shooting craps - either you'll love your purchase and never have an issue, or you'll hate it and become one of the many Taurus haters with an experience to back it up.

I had a good experience with a 24x7 - in my opinion, its the only Taurus I'd ever trust enough to carry or defend my life with it - but I never had a single hickup out of several hundred rounds.

I bought into the hype and sold it, but its one of the few guns I miss to some degree.

I know folks who got bad 24x7s, so they're not all good.

I'd be pretty upset if I spent good money only to have bought into some serious problems.

Maverick7340

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I own a PT145. It shoots well but the problem I have is that when I want to clear the chamber the exit port is just a tad larger then the whole bullet and the bullet jams or won't exit. That can be a problem if the bullet doesn't go bang and you are in a hurry to clear the chamber so you can get another bullet chambered.

That's why I went with carrying my Springfield XD45 compact. I've never had a malfunction with it.

My wife carries an XD40sc and she loves it. If you don't like glocks check out an XD

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
you know what, its all up to you. Yeah Glocks are preffered systems but its YOUR pistol, YOUR money, YOUR Life, YOUR decision.

I have my preferences but the Glock subcompact is not it.

I just cant wrap my head around all the opinions that just bash one or the other.

Look into some snub nose revolvers and all the subcompacts that might make you happy in all the ways you want.

I carry all sorts of stuff and am familiar with them to the point I can shoot in the expert category on quals.

It comes down to you and the range and preventive maintenance.

It's not bashing, certain platforms tend to be hit and miss in terms of quality, Taurus is one of them. Which is why you don't see them on the hips of those that are constantly in harm's way.

There are just too many better platforms out there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom