Campus Carry- OKLA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coltcombat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I hear it is legal to have a concealed weapon on college campus in Oklahoma now. Internet research has not gave me a definite answer.

Is it legal for anyone with a SDA permit, or it is just for active
military/ veterans and off duty LEO's? I'm going back to school this month and would like to exercise my right, if possible.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Amazing! Info from "some guy" strikes again!

The truth is but a click away:

http://www.ok.gov/osbi/documents/SDA_Lawbook_NOV_2010.pdf

No person in possession of any concealed handgun pursuant to the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act shall be authorized to carry the handgun into or upon any college or university property, except as provided in this subsection. For purposes of this subsection, the following property shall not be construed as prohibited for persons having a valid concealed handgun license:
1. Any property set aside for the use of any vehicle, whether attended or unattended, provided the handgun is carried or stored as required by law and the handgun is not removed from the vehicle without the prior consent of the college or university president while the vehicle is on any college or university property;

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Amazing! Info from "some guy" strikes again!

The truth is but a click away:

http://www.ok.gov/osbi/documents/SDA_Lawbook_NOV_2010.pdf

No person in possession of any concealed handgun pursuant to the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act shall be authorized to carry the handgun into or upon any college or university property, except as provided in this subsection. For purposes of this subsection, the following property shall not be construed as prohibited for persons having a valid concealed handgun license:
1. Any property set aside for the use of any vehicle, whether attended or unattended, provided the handgun is carried or stored as required by law and the handgun is not removed from the vehicle without the prior consent of the college or university president while the vehicle is on any college or university property;

See above; the rules have NOT changed. Still not allowed.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If and ONLY if the President of the institution approves the permit holder to carry, and has a letter on their person giving them permission and outlining where they can carry:

This is from the SDA, a couple of items down from the section Rod cited:

Any property authorized by the written consent of the college or university president, provided the written consent is carried with the handgun and the valid concealed handgun license while on college or university property.

I know of exactly zero cases where this has occurred. I think more of us should push the issue, perhaps students should write weekly requesting permission, en masse, and try to get someone's attention.

Latest posts

Top Bottom