1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Can a convicted former felon own/possess a muzzleloader?

Discussion in 'Law & Order' started by Dr. Tad Hussein Winslow, Jul 23, 2009.

Can a felon own a muzzleloader?

Poll closed Dec 20, 2009.
  1. Yes, it's settled law in Oklahoma; they can, including smokeless MLs requiring NICS

7 vote(s)
    7.5%
  2. Yes, settled law, but not ones requiring NICS (smokeless)

7 vote(s)
    7.5%
  3. Unclear/ gray area / needs to be clarified by the AG or legislature

8 vote(s)
    8.6%
  4. No they cannot

37 vote(s)
    39.8%
  5. I have no idea.

34 vote(s)
    36.6%
  1. 300WSM

300WSM Sharpshooter

if hes a "former" felon does that mean he has been pardoned??? Once convicted of a felony, you lose some rights forever unless its overturned or pardoned. If you cant obey the rules you cant share the winnings...

2. Oklahomie84

Oklahomie84 New to the site!

I know it's many years late but I am just now seeing this and the answer is yes as a convicted felon in the state of Oklahoma you can possess a muzzleloader. The Oklahoma firearms act of 1971 quite clearly States that an antique firearm shall not be construed as a firearm for the definition purposes... In accordance with federal law. I myself am a convicted felon and whoever said a convicted felon cannot possess a pellet good you are sadly wrong and naive. I have pellet guns made by Glock, Winchester, Ruger and Sig Sauer, from .177-22 cal. I also own a couple Umarex t4e .43cal pistols, S&W, Walther, Glock. Be educated not just opinionated(Bottom of screenshot).

* Since conviction I went and got a degree minoring in criminology majoring in criminal Justice and I am currently working on my JD

Attached Files:

3. Oklahomabassin

Oklahomabassin Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Welcome to OSA! Thank you for the great info!

4. Judi

Judi Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Seems you have you life back on track, perhaps down the road laws may change or you might have your conviction reviewed.

I am one of the few people that believe if you are Not in prison, or mentally incapable you should be allowed your RIGHT to own a gun. No matter of your felony offense. If the crime punishment allows you to return to the public, you should have ALL your rights also. No second class citizens.

2busy, CompIllitR8 and TedKennedy like this.