Can I carry a rifle like this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As long as theres not one behind the hammer...its all good.....nice rifle.. ;)

Looks good, but I would be afraid as soon as I got out, someone would see it and knock a window out and take it.

I like that roof mount, but I don't know how it secures to the roof. Sure wouldn't want to be drilling any holes. A behind the seat or in front of the seat mount would be nice. Something harder to see.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yea , if I wasnt in the vehicle, I would put it in the back seat , fold the seat up.
If gone for very long a cable goes through the stock.
Been looking at attachment that goes in rifle sling mount (as I'm not real crazy about putting something through trigger hole... 8) )
I like the one that mounts on the floorboard, but the seat doesnt cover it very well, and then its right where passengers put theyre feet.
I've got some over the seat(headrest) utility pouches that will sling and hold a rifle/shotgun pretty well, but still have to put in seat , when I'm not in the truck.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It is a nice rifle, but not mine. It's just a pic off the webernet. There would have to be a way to lock the rifle in place for me to be comfortable leaving it unattended. Mayne something like LEO'S use for shotguns.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is in relation to either an AR10, AR15, M14, M1A or mini14- all legal length.

can I:

1) Carry the rifle inside the cab, behind the rear seat but not in a locked box of any sort, rounds in the magazine, but chamber empty. Additional ammo stored in locked container under sear.

2) Rifle inside the cab, in a locked console under the rear seat, rounds in the magazine, chamber empty. Additional ammo stored with gun.

3) Rifle inside the cab, on the rear seat with magazine in it, but chamber empty. Additional ammo in the front console.

4) Rifle, locked in vehicle mount next to front seat middle console (openly visible), loaded magazine inserted but chamber empty.

5) Any of those scenarios with magazine removed

6) Any of those scenarios using a shotgun (legal length)

If you have CCL, any way you want it as long as chamber is empty. Without CCL unloaded only. Unless laws have changed recently

audiophile

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You can get a PDF of the current SDA law on the OSBIs website. That way you know it's always the most up to date. It seems like something changes every year. I'm not even sure why they still give out paper copies.
Nov 1st (every year) to be exact. The new SDA law book will be available then like dieseltech09 said in pdf form or you can contact the OSBI and request a paper copy. I get one every year because I just like to have one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom