Canton Lake may have a fish kill

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hope I didn't disinter someone's grandpa when I dug up this thread, but it seems an apropos place for this. ;) According to the tease they just ran in the morning show, Fox25 in OKC is supposed to run a story on the flood control project at Canton Lake tonight (Fri, 4/25). It's a "waste watch" story (they used lots of vague terminology, saying something about a "$100M hole in the ground" and how "it might not even be possible in Oklahoma"), but I figured it might be of interest to some of y'all.

Only benefit I can see, is hopefully the locals get a little more business from the additional workers in the area.

If you want to see another massive expenditure (waste) of funds take a look at Crowder Lake emergency overflow. Don't ask for a link, it is about 8 miles from where I grew up. I can show you in person.

Morpheus

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah canton last I saw there was nothing to take out. I've heard that you can almost launch again. When I saw it was just a dirty river with damn. Lol tho the new spillway did bring jobs in. A lot of local pd n sheriffs work a lot of security which paid good for western oklahoma

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not. I'm filling water bottles!

Because when Hefner and Overholser run out there ain't no more. Draper won't get it done I'm afraid.

OKC has the water rights for lakes in SE Oklahoma, too. Their reason for draining a lake in a drought-plagued part of the state was cost even though much of the water was lost during transport. Meanwhile, their SE OK lakes were having to let water out from rains because OKC didn't want to pump it uphill.

Sent at a speed of 3*10^8 meters per second via Tapatalk.

Latest posts

Top Bottom