Carry at Lake Thunderbird

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dru

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Going camping at Thunderbird later today. Is it legal to bring a gun with you? I looked through the OSDA, didn't see a lot that specifically dealth with state parks. I do have my CWL if that matters.

Thanks!

jej

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is that a state park? SDA regulates it and allows concealed carry in state parks. Mostly

TITLE 21 § 1277. .....
4 Any property designated by a city, town, county, or state, governmental authority as a park, recreational area, or fairgrounds; provided nothing in this paragraph shall be construed to authorize any entry by a person in possession of a concealed handgun into any structure, building, or office space which is specifically prohibited by the provisions of subsection A of this section.

bwcaq

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Someone in my CCW class asked our instructor about Thunderbird specifically. Apparently, state law says you can carry there because it's a state park, but they have "no firearms" posted at all of the entrances. So.....it's completely unclear. I'd love to know one way or the other myself.

Latest posts

Top Bottom