Carry Purse options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tharper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've seen some threads NOT recommending certain brands, but does anyone's wife have one they really like? A good friend of mine is wanting to get his wife her carry license and a purse, and asked me for opinions. My wife is a Coach purse nut and refused to get a different purse, so we got her an IWB holster, so I never really explored other options.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Okie4Life

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have heard a lot of bad opinions for purse carry. The main one being if the wife sets her purse down and turns to get something off the shelf it's just too easy to snatch. Not only would she have her purse gone but also her weapon which the criminal will gladly use to their advantage.

http://bearingarms.com/dallas-woman-designs-very-expensive-way-to-get-a-gun-stolen/

I couldn't agree with you more. But in the event of a purse snatching, the thug is likely to grab the purse and run. In most situations/ places, the threat is not gone. Obviously everything she has is now gone, but the threat, in most cases will be gone.

I know there are other instances where this isn't always the case, but I think generally it is. Just my opinion.

On a side note, I really do not like the idea of purse carry, but my chances of getting my wife to carry on her person is slim. At least in the purse she is likely to have it with her instead of at home.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with Okie, better in her purse than at home. Its really no diff than having it off body in our car, or stored in our car when not in it. If car is broke into, stolen, or carjacked, they have your gun. Knowing the pro's and con's off each type of carry and how they decide to carry is ultimately up to the permit holder. If she carries in her purse though, a MIC or vanguard style holster or Galco's carry safe are good options.

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have her carry a dye pack too!

farm4.static.flickr.com_3582_3414589539_6a892f60f5.jpg

audiophile

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have heard a lot of bad opinions for purse carry. The main one being if the wife sets her purse down and turns to get something off the shelf it's just too easy to snatch. Not only would she have her purse gone but also her weapon which the criminal will gladly use to their advantage.

http://bearingarms.com/dallas-woman-designs-very-expensive-way-to-get-a-gun-stolen/

+1 on that. I would have him and her do some research options for females like the flashbang or small of back etc. Purses are to much of a target for opportunity thieves.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Shriner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How a woman dresses will have a bearing on her carry style - in some cases a belly band could be a good choise or a pocket carry , but on body is the better place .

zombiegirl

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree....better to have it than leave it at home. If she insists on purse carry.....please be sure to get a purse that is designed for carry. Make sure she practices drawing from it and knows where her purse needs to be positioned when carrying...as to make sure she can reach her firearm quickly. Purse carry tends to be popular when a lot of women first start carrying....I know I did for awhile until I figured out that on body carry was actually easier and more reliable. It's better to have the firearm on you than in a purse IMO....badguy usually wants your purse, phone, keys ect. I personally use the Flashbang Holster, and the Ava Holster by Flashbang as well. I do practice drawing and firing in those holsters as well (and would recommend that for any holster she chooses). I do have a Flashbang Holster belt that keeps the firearm in place at all times yet is stylish too. I have 3 carry guns-----Glock 26, Sig P238, and just got a Glock 42. I've carried lots of other types of guns till I found the right one for ME. I really hope that she decides to carry on body, but if she's carrying that's the 1st step in the right direction!! Good luck!

PS......getting the right gun was the biggest obstacle for me! Once I found what I was comfortable with and could shoot well then I started experimenting carrying it on my body.

Latest posts

Top Bottom