Carrygun ANNIVERSARY MATCH, March 20th

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dux-R-Us

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will not attend this shoot any more unless David can reduce the number of shooters and develop a way to end the match at a predetermine time, e.g. 9:30 pm.

I like this match, but it simply takes too much time. The last shoot took 7 hours of my time, including driving. Getting home at midnight when I have to work the next day is no longer tenable.

David has done a great job and I thank him.

Best,

K

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will not attend this shoot any more unless David can reduce the number of shooters and develop a way to end the match at a predetermine time, e.g. 9:30 pm.

I like this match, but it simply takes too much time. The last shoot took 7 hours of my time, including driving. Getting home at midnight when I have to work the next day is no longer tenable.

David has done a great job and I thank him.

Best,

K

Incliding driving time? you should move closer to the match. LOL! Sorry you won't be making it out.

David E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Here's the deal: I can make a match run VERY, VERY fast. The problem is, it would be VERY, VERY boring.

I had polled previously asking if folks would be open to a "line shoot" where everyone shoots at the same time, much like a police qualification. We could run 14 shooters at a time, taking 5-10 minutes per relay. Hell, we'd be done by 7:30 or sooner. But NO ONE said they wanted to do that. Why? Because it's BORING and they can do stuff like that on their own.

Having movers, swingers, sliders and various shooting challenges is what makes people mark this match down on their calendar. Nearly everyone has found these challenges to be worth the time involved, since they cannot find them anywhere else or easily replicate them on their own.

I've discussed with Heartland being able to begin set-up sooner, especially if this match continues to attract new shooters. Having to wait on ONE shooter in the bay to finish up before we can set up is frustrating for everyone.

We usually get out by 10 pm. Getting out at a reasonable time even with food has already been explained in various posts, but I'll condense it into one post here.

There will be FOUR squads. Squads 1 and 2 will shoot stages 1 and 2 while the other two squads eat. Then they switch. So no extra time is used, we're just reallocating it.

Stages 1 and 2 will have similar reset times, so there will be no bottle neck.

Stages 3 and 4 will be simpler and will run faster.

Obviously, what will make a big difference is how fast the shooters get the stage restored for the next shooter and that the "shooter on deck" is ready.

Last time, I did not realize that there were a lot of things not put away, so I had to take another 45 minutes to do it by myself. You were probably home before I was. We need to get things cleaned up right. When everyone helps, it goes much faster.

As far as reducing the number of shooters, I can't think of a viable way to do that. How would you like to be arriving at 5:30 from Stillwater and be told, "Sorry, you're shooter #41, so you can't shoot." Other suggestions offered involve a whole lotta time and book keeping, neither of which I have time or interest in doing.

Still, if the attendance continues to grow, we will have to do something. This might mean Heartland closing earlier, but I've not discussed that with the owners yet.

Attendance might slack off with the warmer weather and with the two monthly matches. For now, we will wait and see what happens.

And you may want to not make the NEXT match..........THIS one will be well worth it!

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Sorry guys, won't be making this one. Right foot/big toe joint is all black and blue from a sever attack of Gout, and I'm taking all that fun medicine. Been hobbling around the house for two days now on a cane, so driving three hours there is out of the question. My son and I were looking forward to this shoot!!!!

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry guys, won't be making this one. Right foot/big toe joint is all black and blue from a sever attack of Gout, and I'm taking all that fun medicine. Been hobbling around the house for two days now on a cane, so driving three hours there is out of the question. My son and I were looking forward to this shoot!!!!

We missed you. It was a good one. David is putting on some fun matches but three hours is a long way to go for a match.

Latest posts

Top Bottom