Carrygun ANNIVERSARY MATCH, March 20th

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really enjoyed the match last night. Thanks for a good time Dave. I am ashamed of my score..... BUT..... It was still fun.

You had 1/3 of your total time as penalties/misses/D's. SLOW down and get your hits and your score will be top 10 or better. Notice how many penalties or bad shots the guy that won had?

David E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Remember, there are SIX divisions, so in reality, there can be SIX Match Winners.

In fact, if you look over the scores closely, you'll see that _I_ won the "Why-the-heck-am-I-shooting-this-Beretta-for-the-first-time-at-a-match" division.......

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wasn't trying to brag about my shooting here folks. A's I ran the timer and scoresheets I saw a bunch of shooters going way faster than their eyes can process the sights. If a D is worth a 3 second penalty and your target is 3 yards in front of you where u can see the D holes fix them with an A real quick or better yet take an extra half second on the original sight picture and shoot an A the first time.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Nice shooting Jesse. I got pretty frustrated with all the waiting around and trying to run a zillion shooters on stage 3. We need to find a way to limit the number of shooters at this match or make it simpler to reset and keep things moving. I know it's tough on a 2 bay range and popularity is a good thing. A fine line between interesting stages and keeping things quick. Maybe warmer weather and daylight savings time will limit the number during the spring and summer matches.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wasn't trying to brag about my shooting here folks. A's I ran the timer and scoresheets I saw a bunch of shooters going way faster than their eyes can process the sights. If a D is worth a 3 second penalty and your target is 3 yards in front of you where u can see the D holes fix them with an A real quick or better yet take an extra half second on the original sight picture and shoot an A the first time.

This. I shot 61 seconds in penalties. I could have "wasted" 10 seconds spread across 4 stages on getting the front sight focused a bit better... and had a bigger net gain in score.

Pull a shot- it's gonna cost you in a any "timed match".

Latest posts

Top Bottom