CCI Mini-Mag - 4 FTF, Walther P22

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mayberg

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I'm at Tulsa Firearms breaking in my brand spankin' new Walther P22 with my baby girl, and out of 1 box (100 rounds) of CCI Mini-Mags there were 4 fail-to-fire rounds. You can tell that the rim was struck.

Is this normal? Ammo, or P22?

I didn't experience any jams or ejection failures, but was surprised by the number of FTFs.

And there was another very nice gentlemen there that gave us some of his extra .22 ammo - unknown brand and power. Plenty of FTFs with that, but that was to be expected.

BTW, my baby girl loved shooting the gun. She didn't want to give it up.

chodrick

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had about 10 FTF on my new P22 during the first 500 or so rounds. Most were probably after the 100th round but before the 200th. The last 500 shots have been trouble free. I think a good cleaning and having a few hundred down the pipe will make it super dependable.

ewheeley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, I saw this and automatically assumed that petersonb had posted it. He had 4 FTFs in one mag of CCI Stingers just the other day. People say Federal bulk sucks in them, but I bought him a box of the 325 Federal target rounds and he said the P22 loved them!

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Walther had a good gun till S&W put their name on it too.

Mine is finicky about ammo. The slide is worn and will not lock to the rear when the last round is fired. Less than 1000 rounds through it. S&W warranty is a joke. I called them about the problems with it and they said to send it to them and they'd look at it and tell me if it was covered by warranty or not.

Huckelberry75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Walther had a good gun till S&W put their name on it too.

Mine is finicky about ammo. The slide is worn and will not lock to the rear when the last round is fired. Less than 1000 rounds through it. S&W warranty is a joke. I called them about the problems with it and they said to send it to them and they'd look at it and tell me if it was covered by warranty or not.

:bah:
That'll tweak ya off! Nice to see they stand behind their products.

ByrdC130

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
When the P22 was covered by Walthers, you'd call 'em up and they'd send you the part, if you wanted, for free or could send it in. Might take 3-4 weeks before you got it back, usually with new parts installed. Now, if it's over a year old, you have to send it in and then pay for the parts from S&W.

My P22 has had a healty diet of Remmy GB's and Fed's 550 bulk ammo. It won't shoot CCI for anything. Funny things 22 firearms, ain't they?

booger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have never had to pay for a part on my p-22. only shipping to send it in.and i have probably 10,000 rds thru my p-22. I am on my second slide on mine now as i shot the first one out before i did the p-22 bible thing now mine is as smooth as butter and will feed and shoot anything except rem gold bullets. give S&W a chance they will make it right.

Roarak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hah! That was me with the bag of .22's. They were assorted Winchester Wildcats and Remington Gold box. Not suprised at a few FTF's, they were pretty old. CCI Mini Mags are about the best you can get. But no rimfires have the reliablity of a centerfire round. Just the nature of the beast.

Latest posts

Top Bottom