CCI Mini-Mag - 4 FTF, Walther P22

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mayberg

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, here's the update. I was back at the range today with my baby girl, and she went thru another box of CCI mini-mags. There were 2 fail-to-fire rounds. We reloaded those, along with the others from last time, and all fired.

I suppose this is just finicky P22 behavior. We had loads of fun.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, here's the update. I was back at the range today with my baby girl, and she went thru another box of CCI mini-mags. There were 2 fail-to-fire rounds. We reloaded those, along with the others from last time, and all fired.

I suppose this is just finicky P22 behavior. We had loads of fun.

Sounds to me like you're getting a light strike. Were there any marks on the rim after the first "strike"?

Have you been dry-firing it? If so, you could have damaged the firing pin...

if you need help with it and care to come over, we'll see what we can do. Mine runs pretty much flawlessly with all types of ammo... hollow point, round, lead, plated, remington, federal, super sonic and sub sonic... :)

ByrdC130

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
On the ammo choices, I've heard and have a bit of experience with shooting Remmy Thunderbolt ammo.....DON'T DO IT!!! It tends to gum up the chamber really quick.

As far as dry firing the P22, you can if it's on safe and the fireing pin is unaffected. Now you do run the risk of hurting the hammer spring. Easily replaced but a bummer to see one broken. I cut a piece of foam ear plug and stuff it in front of the hammer and dry fire away. Put one of the cheap Wally World lasers on the front, aim at point on the wall (no mags, ammo in the room, check the chamber, then check the chamber and then check the chamber) and practice trigger pull. The laser will tell you if you are pulling or pushing the gun when pulling the trigger.

mayberg

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK - last time was 70 rounds of CCI mini-mags and no light strikes. Maybe we've achieved break-in.....?

Also, it was wifey-poo pulling the trigger. She likes it, so maybe there's no LCR in my future after all.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like the CCI Mini's a little more expensive, but have never had a problem w/ their ammo. I have trouble w/bulk,Remy or Winchester. my 2 cents

WCMS

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
my little brother had a walther p22 never had a miss fire from it when i shot it. but i was shootin sme cci ammo out of my ruger rifle the other day and had 3 miss fires out of the 100 round box.

Latest posts

Top Bottom