CCL range qualification with a 22

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
When I took my class, there was an old lady taking her course and she couldn't pull the trigger or the hammer back on her .38 special, so the instructor went and got her a .22 to qualify with. That left a comforting feeling with everyone in our class knowing she was 50 rounds away from carrying a gun she couldn't even fire.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Something very similar to that happened in the class I took back in the first year. Old feller was so feeble, I worried the recoil of his .22 would knock him over. I'm guessing he's no longer with us after these several years.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I took my class, there was an old lady taking her course and she couldn't pull the trigger or the hammer back on her .38 special, so the instructor went and got her a .22 to qualify with. That left a comforting feeling with everyone in our class knowing she was 50 rounds away from carrying a gun she couldn't even fire.

You'd be surprised what leaves any given class with a certificate. :shocked: An instructor is only required to certify that you exhibited safe gun handling practices. I can think of only a handful of folks who didn't pass the class when I participated in conceal carry classes -- and the vast majority of those were mind-numbingly egregious examples of unsafe gun handling ... Jeez ... I need a drink now ...

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
50 rounds are required now and i thought it was always 50 rounds in OK.
You can qualify with a semi, revolver, or derringer of .45 ACP or less.

The gun you qualify with has no bearing on what you carry except: if you qualify with a semi of .45 or less you can carry a semi, revolver, or derringer of .45 or less caliber. qualification with a revolver, you can only carry a revolver or derringer.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe it's always been 50 rounds. That was the requirement when I qualified and I was in one of the first classes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom