CCL range qualification with a 22

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used a 1911 in .45, wife was 9mm, one other 1911 there, the rest were .22. 3 of the 11 people there didnt have or bring their own weapon. Instructor gave them all semi-.22s to use.

...and yes it was a lot of "pop" "pop" "pop" "BOOM" "pop"!

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tons of folks quailfy with 22lr autos every year and recieve the auto/revolver/derringer class of permit. There's really no reason not to other than it's tough to find. A good piece of them never carry a gun again other than rare occasions when they feel the need. I understand the mindset of qualfying with what you're going to carry. But that really doesn't pan out 2 or 3 years later when you're on your 5th or 6th different gun. :) The main thing is it gives you options on what to carry later on.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
50 rounds are required now and i thought it was always 50 rounds in OK.
You can qualify with a semi, revolver, or derringer of .45 ACP or less.

The gun you qualify with has no bearing on what you carry except: if you qualify with a semi of .45 or less you can carry a semi, revolver, or derringer of .45 or less caliber. qualification with a revolver, you can only carry a revolver or derringer.

Quite so. When I took the class in 2008, I told the instructor that I was thinking about using my S&W 681 to qualify, and he encouraged me to go with a semi-auto, as this would permit me to carry all the different types. That made sense, so I did as he suggested and took my Glock 19.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was thinking and I'm pretty sure he provided everyone with around 30 rounds, enough for 3 reloads. Also, the class time was maybe 3 hours and the shooting time was just long enough to hit the targets.

Yea , if they provide the ammo and gun, its 30 rounds.
You provide ammo and gun, or even use theyre gun ,its 50

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
50 rounds are required now and i thought it was always 50 rounds in OK.
You can qualify with a semi, revolver, or derringer of .45 cal or less.

The gun you qualify with has no bearing on what you carry except: if you qualify with a semi you can carry a semi, revolver, or derringer of .45 or less caliber. qualification with a revolver, you can only carry a revolver or derringer.

little simpler... 8)

Buzzgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

It doesn't matter who supplies the gun and ammo, the law says 50 rounds to qualify.

The instructor is required to record the type and caliber of firearm used to qualify, this is on the course roster that the instructor must keep on file indefinitely.

Regulations are very specific as to how the instructor conducts both the classroom and range portion of the class. Target distance (3 and 5 yards), specific targets that can be used and course of fire (dry fire, slow fire and timed fire) are all part of the requirements the instructor must follow. If you were allowed to load more than 5 rounds at a time, your instructor violated CLEET requirements.

Instructors must notify CLEET at least 72 hours before any class is held (including time and location) and every class is subject to a CLEET audit.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Quote Originally Posted by twoguns? View Post

Sorry ..... ;) i was bs'n.... ;)

CC class I used a pt140, 40 cal...50 rds

combat handgun I....1911 ( I wanted the challenge )...400 rds...Taurus 1911 SS 5"

combat handgun II....1911..( wanted more experience)...400 rds...Springfield LWCO 4"

Combat shotgun....12G maverick ( yes I learned my lesson)...50rds 00..50 rds slugs..50 rds #7

combat rifle... ar built by pinkhamr ( never missed a lick...Thanks R)...200 rds

I saw on Beck today theyre offering a Gunsite membership...$3000 value for $900 , I believe.

Sorry for the hijack... ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom