CCW Fee Reduction?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
hrdware said:
That never even had a committee hearing.

I think it's funny when the Oklahoma Constitution at Article V, Section V-34, calls for EVERY bill to be read on three different days and voted up or down upon its third reading; and there is nothing in the Oklahoma Constitution about granting committees with power to kill a bill.

Woody

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just be glad you don't live in New Jersey... by 2015 the toll to travel into New York City is suppose to be raised to $15. No fee to leave. One web site estimates a daily New Jersey commuter will be paying over $3,500 a year in tolls in order to go to work in NYC.

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
GEEE, i wonder how many times over we have paid for the Turner Turnpike. So, where is all that money going? Originally when Turner was built, there was a expiration date for toll. That date has long come and gone.

How come Texas, Missouri, and KS have great roads (no toll) and road side rests facilities with flushing toliets but OK has crappy roads and outhouses for their road side rest stops?

Citizens need to be taught the SDA law. People really have quite a few misconceptions regarding what you can and can't do with a gun and i feel a lot better knowing that they have some education before the state allows them to carry.

primeoflife321

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
David2012 said:
Just be glad you don't live in New Jersey... by 2015 the toll to travel into New York City is suppose to be raised to $15. No fee to leave. One web site estimates a daily New Jersey commuter will be paying over $3,500 a year in tolls in order to go to work in NYC.

I always thought it was funny that you had to pay to leave NJ. There is no toll inbound!

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The branch of OSBI that does the investigations, communications, customer service and ultimately issuance of SDA permits is self-funded by a portion of the license fee. There is a cost, in materials, labor and investigations for each and every permit application processed.

Do we think that the rest of the citizens of OK should be saddled with the cost of issuance of SDA permits to individuals who wish to have one? I'd imagine that the balance of the citizenry, who do not apply for a SDA, do not wish to fund licenses for those who do.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The branch of OSBI that does the investigations, communications, customer service and ultimately issuance of SDA permits is self-funded by a portion of the license fee. There is a cost, in materials, labor and investigations for each and every permit application processed.

Do we think that the rest of the citizens of OK should be saddled with the cost of issuance of SDA permits to individuals who wish to have one? I'd imagine that the balance of the citizenry, who do not apply for a SDA, do not wish to fund licenses for those who do.

^^This, right on the money.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

This is like arguing that if we are going to imprison innocent people then we should make sure they are humanely treated while behind bars.

I can only agree up to a point. I don't believe that mandatory training and permitting are a good thing in the first place. Do away with permitting and the other problem dissappears.

Latest posts

Top Bottom