ceramic coating

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I get decent results with it, but I just dont shoot enough to tell if its going to wear or not.

;)

It will show wear, if you wear it down, or have an improperly fitting holster. Or throw it on a gravel driveway.

Its not a wonder finish, but its the best thing out there in lieu of hard chrome, tenifer/melonite, or one of the other vapor deposition metal treatments like ionbond.

Preparation is key to its success. Ive also found a few tricks to increase its wear resistance that differ from the standard instructions. Trade secrets;)

0352Marine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I get decent results with it, but I just dont shoot enough to tell if its going to wear or not.

;)

It will show wear, if you wear it down, or have an improperly fitting holster. Or throw it on a gravel driveway.

Its not a wonder finish, but its the best thing out there in lieu of hard chrome, tenifer/melonite, or one of the other vapor deposition metal treatments like ionbond.

Preparation is key to its success. Ive also found a few tricks to increase its wear resistance that differ from the standard instructions. Trade secrets;)

Did you do it yourself?

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

;)

Ooo.... I like secrets... I wanna know. :)

0352Marine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was thinking about having the upper receiver of my p345 either ceramic coated or polished but I'm afraid if I have it polished that it will rust alot easier. I'm just not sure about ceramic coating it either. I would like to get a nice finish on it, black is kinda plain.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, it certainly rust if you polish carbon steel and don't coat it with something... be it paint or a gallon of oil. :)

The only ceramic paint I would and do use is Cerakote.

0352Marine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, it certainly rust if you polish carbon steel and don't coat it with something... be it paint or a gallon of oil. :)

The only ceramic paint I would and do use is Cerakote.

No I'm talking about having it professionally done kinda like ceramic coated headers. The chrome headers will turn purple when they get hot but ceramic coated ones won't.

Latest posts

Top Bottom