Challenge Accepted. We need common sense and compromise on gun violence.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's a good one regarding UBC's:
I have 2 sons, 1 currently is 13, and has been hunting since the age of 10. Second son will turn 10 this summer, and also wants to hunt. Currently we have 2 20ga shotguns, 1 for each kid, live is good, right?
Well, if we have a UBC as currently proposed, in order for the older son to pass his small frame 20ga down to his brother, the 10 year old has to have a background check. For me to give the older son the other 20ga (currently in my possession) he also would have to have a check.
So, both boys (aged 10 and 13) would have to have background checks to hunt. What possible good could come of this, other than someone takes some of my hard earned money?

This is not really true. You can't legally give either of them a shotgun. They aren't old enough. They can posses and use the guns in your possession with your supervision, but you would not be able to do a background check to "transfer" the guns to them for them to own.

Latest posts

Top Bottom