Challenge Accepted. We need common sense and compromise on gun violence.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Crime with nuclear weapons is almost non-existent, so why restrict them?

That argument is the gun control equivalent of comparing something to Nazism when you have no argument.

You must be Union. I have to own all my own tools.

Which brings up another point: A machinegun is a tool, so what is its purpose? Its purpose is to kill, and do so effectively. Why own a tool you can't put to proper use? You can't legally hunt with one. So its only purpose as a tool is to kill other PEOPLE.

I am glad I get to be the one to point this out, but most guns are a tool to kill effectively. Owning a tool whose purpose is so extreme does not mean it gets used as such. In fact, in a perfect world they would never get used that way and would therefore not be needed. Again, it must be stated for clarification, not all killing is evil. It is the intent behind that killing which must be judged.

Why do people spend so much money to own tools they can't even use?

care to answer my "tax free speech" query?

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Which brings up another point: A machinegun is a tool, so what is its purpose? Its purpose is to kill, and do so effectively. Why own a tool you can't put to proper use? You can't legally hunt with one. So its only purpose as a tool is to kill other PEOPLE.

Because killing other people is legal as long as it's in defense of yourself. If killing were illegal why do we have a military?

And with that one I'm out too...

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
soooo, whats up Timb?

Do you need more time so you can come to terms with discovering your Grandpappy's 1911 is a killing machine?

Or, maybe you blocked me and cant see my posts.

streetglideok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've lurked on this forum ever since my Grandfather passed his old 1911 to me and I needed some info on it. Ive watched the paranoia build around here in the last few months, and frankly, as a gun owner I'm embarrassed by the extreme attitudes here about universal background checks, assault weapons and high capacity magazines. Our country was founded on common sense and compromise. We are facing an epidemic of gun violence in this country and I believe its time for some common sense action and compromise.

Now, before yall crucify me as some kinda gun grabbing liberal hippie from Kommiefornia. I'm an Okie through and through, I'm a member of a local church, registered Republican, I hunt and have been shooting since I was a kid. I'm also passing this tradition on to my son. Hell, I'm probably somebody here's neighbor and coworker.

Here's what I don't understand:

Opposition to Universal Background Checks.
I think everyone agrees that violent felons and the mentally unstable should not be allowed to purchase firearms. So why the opposition to univeral background checks? Any gangbanger, lunatic or digruntled husband/wife/coworker with a criminal history can go to a private seller and "lie and buy". It happens at gunshows, it happens on armslist and it probably happens HERE. The Brady campaign just sued armslist because a person who would have failed a simple NICS call in was able to buy a pistol and used it in a murder. This is basic stuff, call it a loophole, call it what you want but UBCs would have saved that life. If your're a law abiding citizen able to buy a firearm why do you care about a 2 minute background check? UBCs WILL SAVE LIVES, be it from suicide or murder. This isn't a "compromise" or "infringement" this is just common sense. If you don't want the insane and criminal to have guns the first step is to NOT LET THEM BUY THEM! Close the private sale loophole. I'll pay an FFL the $20 or whatever for a transfer to be able to sleep better at night that the person I sold my gun to isn't a felon or insane.

High Capacity Magazine Ban.
This is a compromise we can all live with. The supreme court has already ruled that the second amendment is not unlimited. We don't get fighter jets and machine guns. I think we also don't need 100 round drum mags and 30 round handgun magazines. 7+1 in .45 was good enough for my Grandfather and its good enough for me...multiple threats you say? I know how to reload. Let's face it huge capacity mags don't make anyone any safer. They just make it easier for the occasional mass shooter to rack up a higher kill count. While somewhat rare, these events are becoming more common and the bodycounts are getting bigger. I can't help but draw these obvious conclusion that there is a correlation between the ever larger body counts and AWB/high cap ban expiring. When Columbine shooting occurred high cap mags were banned and Dylan and Eric used 10 round mags in their Hipoint carbine. How much worse would columbine have been if they had carried the same number of 30 round mags? 300% worse by my math...

I also don't get the fear about an AWB we all lived through the last one, and people who wanted assault weapons could still buy the "preban" guns. So what's the big deal? I get it, you like your Patriot Rifle and don't want to give it up. However, NO ONE IS GONNA TAKE YOUR AR15 OR AK AWAY! Again, common sense, there are already plenty of assault weapons out there for the people who want them. We don't need any more new military style weapons flooding our (and mexicos) streets. Do you really think your "patriot Rifle" will do you one bit of good against a tyranical government when they can put a drone/missile through your window from two states away? Get real.

It's time for the gun community to follow in the steps of our founding fathers and embrace common sense and compromise.

Here's what's sad. A guy inherits a gun, and automatically think's he is a gun owner, and thinks he has earned the right to have an opinion as a gun owner. He gets on here, trolls, and stirs the pot, with not so much as a clue as to what he is babbling about. He honestly thinks that criminals will go thru background checks, and that forced universal background checks are not a way to implement registration. He buys into the whole assault weapons thing, and thinks we have weapons of war in our hands. It's ironic, because he states he inherited a model 1911, which is in fact a "weapon of war"! It was designed as a military combat sidearm, and is virtually the same as the GI model. On the other hand, the AR15 platform is not the same as what the military carries. Its semi-automatic, and is in some ways not built as robust. Alot of models lack the chrome lined barrels, etc to make them more reliable. Truth is, more people were likely killed by the cell phone this troll uses, then were killed with semi-auto rifles in 2012. These bans have nothing to do with crime control, its everything to do with people control. Have doubt? Come by and visit Colorado and the retared laws we are implementing. Tell me how this will deter crime.

68mustang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know Timb machineguns aren't the only thing that are classified as NFA items. Silencers also require a NFA tax stamp. I can think of a handful of uses for a silencer.

I wonder what your grandpa would think.. Where did you get these views of yours?

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You know Timb machineguns aren't the only thing that are classified as NFA items. Silencers also require a NFA tax stamp. I can think of a handful of uses for a silencer.

I wonder what your grandpa would think.. Where did you get these views of yours?

I wonder what TimB would think about the fact that you can take an AR-15, spend a couple hundred bucks and have what is basically a fully automatic weapon. And that you can do it without involving a FFL holder or paying any taxes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0BgLk1i9yYhttp:// Fun to shoot, but with ammo supplies being what they are, all I hear is a cash register ringing up the cost.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Crime with nuclear weapons is almost non-existent, so why restrict them?

You must be Union. I have to own all my own tools.

Full auto does not = more effective killing machine. More effective suppression maybe, but in no way more deadly than accurate, aimed fire.

I wonder what TimB would think about the fact that you can take an AR-15, spend a couple hundred bucks and have what is basically a fully automatic weapon. And that you can do it without involving a FFL holder or paying any taxes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0BgLk1i9yYhttp:// Fun to shoot, but with ammo supplies being what they are, all I hear is a cash register ringing up the cost.

The slide-fire has been reviewed by the BATFE to be legal as it still takes 1 pull of the trigger to send each round down range.

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I applaud JB's intent to show anti-gunners the light of their unsubtantiated and misplaced fear,but...

The challenge for speaking about guns should not be to the people that are ignorant of guns telling US why, afterall, they are the ones that are ignorant.

The challenge should be more to us. We are the enlightened ones that bear the burden of proselytizing the lost sheep.

Two failures in this thread.

1. Biting the bait of a so-called open minded outsider that really had no intention of being open minded. He started in knowing that no "gun nuts" from an internet forum would show him the error of his thinking.

2. Making the real "fence riders" too scared to now ever join in.

I wish this thread would disappear.

Hey TimB, go back to the valley!

Latest posts

Top Bottom