Charles Dyer, What Are Your Thoughts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Think that there has already been one trial but had a hung jury. Of course, his excuse on the stolen M203 grenade launcher was that he had no idea what it was, therefore he was not guilty of being in possession of it. All that should have done was pull his basic training records and show where he went to the training range with it.

From what I've read, the M203 was given to him while he was in California by a friend who was enlisted. Then, it was discovered that it along with two others were reported as stolen from a shipment destined for Iraq.

I agree with your assessment. This guy was supposedly infantry, he KNOWS what an M203 is, especially with a lengthy enlistment and as an NCO.

OKIE-CARBINE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From what I've read, the M203 was given to him while he was in California by a friend who was enlisted. Then, it was discovered that it along with two others were reported as stolen from a shipment destined for Iraq.

I agree with your assessment. This guy was supposedly infantry, he KNOWS what an M203 is, especially with a lengthy enlistment and as an NCO.

i think the charge was that it was a 40mm, when in fact, it was a 37mm. so, no, he was not guilty of possession of a 40mm grenade launcher.

and as far as this goes: "As far as I am concerned, we will find Dyer, then get him to trial and ship him off to the Oklahoma Department of Corrections," said Stephens County District Attorney Jason Hicks"
what a dumb move on his part to say that. so much for innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i think the charge was that it was a 40mm, when in fact, it was a 37mm. so, no, he was not guilty of possession of a 40mm grenade launcher.

and as far as this goes: "As far as I am concerned, we will find Dyer, then get him to trial and ship him off to the Oklahoma Department of Corrections," said Stephens County District Attorney Jason Hicks"
what a dumb move on his part to say that. so much for innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

If it was really a 37mm then it was a flare gun reproduction. But then how could it be part of a stolen shipment? Doesn't make sense.

Agreed on the statement by Hicks.

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like they've already got him judged as guilty; the trial is only a formality.

Thats what I was thinking too. I dont think it was wise for Hicks to say that, but I doubt it will matter. I dont think a trial is an option anymore, something tells me he will be killed when found.

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
In light of government methodology and the behavior of some women... I don't believe justice is being meted out. The DA's statement of shipping him to prison reinforces that viewpoint. That's my thought.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Running does not prove his guilt, nor does it improve his case. Without the facts, all we're doing here is speculating. Regardless, I do believe he's dangerous at this point. People with nothing left to loose usually are.

onearmedman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.khou.com/news/local/Okla...can-Grove-in-Fort-Bend-County--128382728.html
Sonic craving leads to capture of Oklahoma fugitive in Fort Bend County
FORT BEND COUNTY, Texas -- The search for Oklahoma fugitive Charles Dyer ended Thursday morning near Pecan Grove in Fort Bend County.

Dyer was walking down the street with no shirt when a Fort Bend County deputy spotted him around 8 a.m., according to the FBI.

He initially gave the deputy a fake name, then gave in and surrendered peacefully in the 9700 block of Mason Road near Farmer Road.

"He was tired. He was just wore out," said FBSO Deputy Jeremy Goodrich. "He put his hands on the car, dropped to his knees and that was it."

Dyer told deputies he hadn't eaten in four days while hiding along the Brazos River. But a craving for a Sonic cherry limeade got the best of him.

After he left the local Sonic, a mom who'd just dropped her kids off at school thought she recognized him and called 911.

"His ballcap is pulled over his face and he’s walking with his head down," the woman told the 911 operator. "It just looks very unusual."

The woman knew about the hunt for Dyer because FBI agents had gone door-to-door in her neighborhood Wednesday to warn residents that he might be in the area.

Dyer, whose jeans were covered in mud, was arrested and taken to the Fort Bend County jail, where a fingerprint check confirmed his identity.

"Anytime you get a fugitive off the streets, especially one that is a child predator, it's a major accomplishment," said FBSO Chief Deputy Craig Brady.

Dyer was arrested near Oakland Elementary and a day care center. An employee at the school said they had been informed of the capture. The school was briefly placed on lockdown, as a precaution.

Dyer, 31, had been the subject of a nationwide manhunt since Sunday when he was spotted in the Sealy area.

A man fitting his description was spotted between Wallis and Orchard in Fort Bend County on Monday.

Dozens of law officers and search dogs converged on the area near Highway 36, but the trail went cold.

The FBI led the search for Dyer, who was scheduled to stand trial in Oklahoma last week on allegations he raped a 7-year-old girl.

Authorities said Dyer’s house in Oklahoma was found burned on August 12, and he never showed up to court the following Monday.

Several command posts were set up in different areas around the country. In Texas, 11 federal, state and local agencies joined forces in the manhunt for Dyer.

The former Marine was believed to be heavily armed, but he didn't have any guns when he was captured. Deputies say he was carrying a large amount of cash.

Dyer reportedly belongs to a group called Oath Keepers. He also posts videos on YouTube under the name "July4Patriot."

Last year, Dyer was charged with unlawfully possessing a grenade launcher.

He will eventually be extradited back to Oklahoma to face the rape charge and a new charge of unlawful flight to avoid prosecution.

[Broken External Image]

onearmedman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.khou.com/news/local/Okla...can-Grove-in-Fort-Bend-County--128382728.html
Sonic craving leads to capture of Oklahoma fugitive in Fort Bend County
FORT BEND COUNTY, Texas -- The search for Oklahoma fugitive Charles Dyer ended Thursday morning near Pecan Grove in Fort Bend County.

Dyer was walking down the street with no shirt when a Fort Bend County deputy spotted him around 8 a.m., according to the FBI.

He initially gave the deputy a fake name, then gave in and surrendered peacefully in the 9700 block of Mason Road near Farmer Road.

"He was tired. He was just wore out," said FBSO Deputy Jeremy Goodrich. "He put his hands on the car, dropped to his knees and that was it."

Dyer told deputies he hadn't eaten in four days while hiding along the Brazos River. But a craving for a Sonic cherry limeade got the best of him.

After he left the local Sonic, a mom who'd just dropped her kids off at school thought she recognized him and called 911.

"His ballcap is pulled over his face and he’s walking with his head down," the woman told the 911 operator. "It just looks very unusual."

The woman knew about the hunt for Dyer because FBI agents had gone door-to-door in her neighborhood Wednesday to warn residents that he might be in the area.

Dyer, whose jeans were covered in mud, was arrested and taken to the Fort Bend County jail, where a fingerprint check confirmed his identity.

"Anytime you get a fugitive off the streets, especially one that is a child predator, it's a major accomplishment," said FBSO Chief Deputy Craig Brady.

Dyer was arrested near Oakland Elementary and a day care center. An employee at the school said they had been informed of the capture. The school was briefly placed on lockdown, as a precaution.

Dyer, 31, had been the subject of a nationwide manhunt since Sunday when he was spotted in the Sealy area.

A man fitting his description was spotted between Wallis and Orchard in Fort Bend County on Monday.

Dozens of law officers and search dogs converged on the area near Highway 36, but the trail went cold.

The FBI led the search for Dyer, who was scheduled to stand trial in Oklahoma last week on allegations he raped a 7-year-old girl.

Authorities said Dyer’s house in Oklahoma was found burned on August 12, and he never showed up to court the following Monday.

Several command posts were set up in different areas around the country. In Texas, 11 federal, state and local agencies joined forces in the manhunt for Dyer.

The former Marine was believed to be heavily armed, but he didn't have any guns when he was captured. Deputies say he was carrying a large amount of cash.

Dyer reportedly belongs to a group called Oath Keepers. He also posts videos on YouTube under the name "July4Patriot."

Last year, Dyer was charged with unlawfully possessing a grenade launcher.

He will eventually be extradited back to Oklahoma to face the rape charge and a new charge of unlawful flight to avoid prosecution.

[Broken External Image]

Latest posts

Top Bottom