Cheap handguns you liked.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is kind of a different direction for us here on OKShooters.
But what inexpensive handguns have you had that worked well enough for you.

We get hung up on what's the best of the best so often I thought it might be fun to discuss some of the little cheapies we've had that
were oh let's say........good enough.

I had an old RG once in 38spl that wasn't much to look at but always went bang when I pulled the trigger and was fairly accurate within
25 feet.

I've never owned or shot a hipoint 9mm but my son brought one home that I've watched him shoot and it worked pretty good also.

I know some of you guys have a old beater in a tackle box you count on to eliminate the pond serpants with.

Or maybe a glove box pistol in your pickup for scattering late night trash can marauders.

What's your beater?

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After having no luck with Taurus whatsoever, I bought a used 24/7 in .40 for $240 and I will say it's ate everything I've put in it. It's also reasonably accurate. :anyone:

okie98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have an old High Standard Sentinel .22 revolver with about a 3" barrel that will always have a special place in the gun safe. Not pretty but it always goes bang and hits what I point it at almost every time. I wind up shooting it much more than my more expensive pieces.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
About 2000 I bought this Hungarian made 9mm that was distributed in the US by Century Arms for $150 in a pawn shop in Iowa. I shot the **** out that pistol with cheap old Wolf ammo out on my land there. I had a Beretta 92f that I carried then but that old beater was a pretty decent gun. Boxed it up and gave it to my brother for his birthday a few years ago. Think he still has it. Ive had alot of cheapie guns that I have bought and liked.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ballester Molina...paid $150 in about 2003 for one with no finish, had it parked, and cleaned up for another $100, excellent pistol to this day. Not bad for a 1911 argentine clone. Got another one in my safe, that will the the last gun to go if need be, if fact was many moons ago, in fact pawned it once in the early 90's in tulsa, lost it, sat in shop for 4 years. I bought it back for what they loaned me on it. It was in my house fire...water damage only, was blued and looks tip top right now!

long ago..90's purchased a few ruger revo's fairly cheap..great guns.

Ta-90 and tz-75, both bought in about the early 90's, cz clones, both worked perfect.

fie titan .25 auto....if you got to carry one, I would recommend one of these. still can be found on the used market. Hammered pocket pistol. good overall, went bang evertime. Always felt better it having a hammer, however, it Very likely will go off if it lands on the hammer in the down position chamber loaded.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
About 2000 I bought this Hungarian made 9mm that was distributed in the US by Century Arms for $150 in a pawn shop in Iowa. I shot the **** out that pistol with cheap old Wolf ammo out on my land there. I had a Beretta 92f that I carried then but that old beater was a pretty decent gun. Boxed it up and gave it to my brother for his birthday a few years ago. Think he still has it. Ive had alot of cheapie guns that I have bought and liked.

those hungarian 9mm hi-power (but double action) guns are still good pistols. Owned one and shot the heck out of it without problem.

Latest posts

Top Bottom