Check this out (Woodland Hills Mall carry incident)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Link:
http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum...ions/126630-incident-woodland-hills-mall.html

Incident at Woodland Hills Mall We were at Woodland Hills Mall and came out to our car to discover we were blocked in by two people getting it on. *After flagging down security who came over and asked her to leave she ended up hitting our car. *Turns out she was drunk. *She hit another car in the process and tried to leave the scene. *A short time later the cops showed up and started questioning us. *I informed the officer questioning me that I was carrying and showed him my license.

At this point an mall cop and a county sheriff officer started threatening me. *They said that they were going to confiscate my gun and arrest me and press charges for unlawful possession of a firearm. *I was informed by Tulsa County Sheriff Deputy that I'm not allowed to carry on private property. *After a short argument about my rights another cop ended the conversation and said that "we need to focus on the drunk driver."

A short time later TPD showed up and the sheriff deputy broadcasted we were carrying. *Both of us had already removed our guns from our hips and stowed them in our vehicles. *One of the TPD officers confronted me and said that it's illegal for us to carry on any private property and even having them in our car was prosecutable if Woodland Hills wanted to press charges.

So this morning I re-read the 37 page Oklahoma Self Defense Act. Nothing in the law backs up what the cops and mall security stated. At most upon the "discovery" of my gun they could ask me to leave and if I refused they could charge me with trespassing, but this idea of confiscating my gun and "wrapping me up" as one Tulsa County sheriff deputy and one of the mall cops put it is absurd. I have the utmost respect for police officers but it seems they need to study the law a little more.

OUfan08

Marksman
Reaction score
We were at Woodland Hills Mall and came out to our car to discover we were blocked in by two people getting it on. *After flagging down security who came over and asked her to leave she ended up hitting our car. *Turns out she was drunk. *She hit another car in the process and tried to leave the scene. *A short time later the cops showed up and started questioning us. *I informed the officer questioning me that I was carrying and showed him my license.

At this point an mall cop and a county sheriff officer started threatening me. *They said that they were going to confiscate my gun and arrest me and press charges for unlawful possession of a firearm. *I was informed by Tulsa County Sheriff Deputy that I'm not allowed to carry on private property. *After a short argument about my rights another cop ended the conversation and said that "we need to focus on the drunk driver."

A short time later TPD showed up and the sheriff deputy broadcasted we were carrying. *Both of us had already removed our guns from our hips and stowed them in our vehicles. *One of the TPD officers confronted me and said that it's illegal for us to carry on any private property and even having them in our car was prosecutable if Woodland Hills wanted to press charges.

So this morning I re-read the 37 page Oklahoma Self Defense Act. Nothing in the law backs up what the cops and mall security stated. At most upon the "discovery" of my gun they could ask me to leave and if I refused they could charge me with trespassing, but this idea of confiscating my gun and "wrapping me up" as one Tulsa County sheriff deputy and one of the mall cops put it is absurd. I have the utmost respect for police officers but it seems they need to study the law a little more.

POSITIVE DISCONTENT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Gun and knife laws are subject to interpretation. Unfortunately they are going to interpret it different than you. Defending yourself and exercising the 2nd comes at a cost. Litigation and confiscation along with arrest seem to be the norm now. I don't carry anymore because of divorce and custody issues. To the system I'm a right wing zealot who has been trained by the military. We call ourselves vets but we are looked at as terrorist who haven't terrorized yet.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gun and knife laws are subject to interpretation. Unfortunately they are going to interpret it different than you. Defending yourself and exercising the 2nd comes at a cost. Litigation and confiscation along with arrest seem to be the norm now. I don't carry anymore because of divorce and custody issues. To the system I'm a right wing zealot who has been trained by the military. We call ourselves vets but we are looked at as terrorist who haven't terrorized yet.

In the words of MSNBC. You are in Obama's enemy camp.

Latest posts

Top Bottom