Check this out (Woodland Hills Mall carry incident)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OUfan08

Marksman
Reaction score
Gun and knife laws are subject to interpretation. Unfortunately they are going to interpret it different than you. Defending yourself and exercising the 2nd comes at a cost. Litigation and confiscation along with arrest seem to be the norm now. I don't carry anymore because of divorce and custody issues. To the system I'm a right wing zealot who has been trained by the military. We call ourselves vets but we are looked at as terrorist who haven't terrorized yet.

Not really at least not in Oklahoma the SDA list 7 places you are prohibited from carrying, and the private property is not one of them. Otherwise what would be the point of carrying?

POSITIVE DISCONTENT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Think you missed my point. I agree with you but you are guilty until proven innocent and if you ever have to use your carry on private property (large businesses) it doesn't matter how many lives you save you will be sued.

Kid Glock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You'd think between TPD, TCSO and the mall ninjas that somebody would know the law redarding SDA.
I don't think I'd patronize the mall anymore and I'd tell them why every chance I got. For what it's worth, I'd prolly also contact some official at both agencies as to what happened.
Glad it turned out ok.

superdave65

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe Paul Blart shouldn't have been involved anyway. I went into the sheriff substation in Quail Springs Mall in OKC and asked them about carrying a concealed weapon. They said, go ahead its legal. This is another case of somebody else breaking the law and the law abiding gun owner getting hassled.

OUfan08

Marksman
Reaction score
i was under the impression that it was illegal to carry in the mall

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/oklahoma.pdf

I keep this bookmarked on my phone. But essentially it's government buildings, schools, govt meetings, gambling places, and resturaunts where the primary purpose is to sell alcohol.

It does expressly say that a private property owner can not prohibit you from transporting a firearm in a car, in my CC class we were given a list of 10 places. Even the BA police officer who taught us said that the ghostbuster signs carry no legal weight under SDA.

Latest posts

Top Bottom