Check this out (Woodland Hills Mall carry incident)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jarhead983

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Under SDA, yes. But under trespass, no. Does a farmer have to ask you to leave if your hunting or fishing without permission? no, he just calls the cops or the game warden.
I think it just depends under which law they want to use to prosecute with.

Along with Mr. Brown says about trespass, the issue on hunting and fishing is only if it is posted. You can hunt and fish on any non posted land except primary residences and land with farm or ranch structures. Up until August of 09 it was any unposted land. The owner of said un posted land has the right to ask you to leave. If he does so in the presence of law enforcement any return by you will result in a trespassing citation.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Along with Mr. Brown says about trespass, the issue on hunting and fishing is only if it is posted. You can hunt and fish on any non posted land except primary residences and land with farm or ranch structures. Up until August of 09 it was any unposted land. The owner of said un posted land has the right to ask you to leave. If he does so in the presence of law enforcement any return by you will result in a trespassing citation.

Sorry to take the thread off topic, but where are you getting this from? I see nothing in the regulations that states "you can hunt and fish on any non-posted land".

prdator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why I don't carry. Not worth the hassle.

It's your life..... Just remember you do not get to chose when you might need the protection that good training and a concealed handgun provides.

I've had the opportunity to be very comforted by the fact Ive had a gun WAY more times than Ive been incorrectly hassled by a LEO, in fact ALL my LEO encounters wile carrying have been positive.

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why I don't carry. Not worth the hassle.

That's a piss poor reason to not carry. The fact is I don't carry where it's illegal or do things I shouldn't be doing. There are times when I could run into legal trouble for, say, carrying at the mall, but in the end it's not against the law, just a major inconvenience. I'd rather be inconvenienced and prepared than left alone and vulnerable.

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The officer and rent-an-officer were wrong. They would have to tell you to leave and you would have to refuse to leave before it's considered trespassing. Someone needs to send a complaint to their superiors. And on a side note, I've never seen a gunbuster sign on any of the entrances to Woodland Hills.

OUfan08

Marksman
Reaction score
The officer and rent-an-officer were wrong. They would have to tell you to leave and you would have to refuse to leave before it's considered trespassing. Someone needs to send a complaint to their superiors. And on a side note, I've never seen a gunbuster sign on any of the entrances to Woodland Hills.

After talking to some people including those in law enforcement and government positions I plan on making some phone calls tomorrow. We were back at the mall yesterday because my gf needed some stuff and I checked all the entrances and I didn't see a single gun buster sign either.

Mechanicalmehem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The officers are incorrect.

If someone will provide the TPD officers' names via pm or email, I will gladly discuss it with them, if I know them personally, or their supervisor if I don't.

As far as the county deputies go, contact the sheriff or undersheriff.

Michael Brown

After reading many of Michael Brown's comments over the past year or so and therefore having much respect for his opinion and experience. I believe what he is offering here is a very very good opertunity to allow the officers involved to learn from their mistakes(or be taught if they don't already know what is correct) and for them to have someone to ask questions(if they have any) of Michael Brown who is very well informed. Hopefully it would not cause them any more hassle than necessary and without getting very deeply involved themself(the OP). IMO
--Mech

Latest posts

Top Bottom