Chevy truck symptoms just started today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Welcome to OSA where it takes 3 pages to figure out that a 2017 truck battery is bad.🤣

A couple weeks ago, my wife’s Honda CRV wouldn’t start, and when I opened the hood and saw the 2018 date on the battery, I jumped the car and drove straight to town for a new one. Problem solved and end of story. :anyone:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Welcome to OSA where it takes 3 pages to figure out that a 2017 truck battery is bad.🤣

A couple weeks ago, my wife’s Honda CRV wouldn’t start, and when I opened the hood and saw the 2018 date on the battery, I jumped the car and drove straight to town for a new one. Problem solved and end of story. :anyone:
If you haven't figgured out by now, I like cussin and discussin.

DaveinOKC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
New battery worked. Still have problem with right window but I can now hear it clicking inside the door when I hit the switch. Too hot to diagnose. I will wait awhile.
My guess is the plastic gear in the motor is stripped. I think you can get the gear itself cheap or a whole new thing for around 30 on Amazon.

DaveinOKC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@DaveinOKC - thanks for the info! Never heard of it! Another reason I don't work on my own vehicles anymore!

I wouldn't have known if not for personal experience with my uncle's 2004(?) Chevy Classic. It started have all sorts of phantom issues with gauges, doors, etc.....ended up being the BCM. Apparently it was a common issue for trucks of that era.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
My guess is the plastic gear in the motor is stripped. I think you can get the gear itself cheap or a whole new thing for around 30 on Amazon.
I don't know yet. It is too hot to take apart and diagnose it. You should remember the thread about my excursion I wrote about a few years ago after replacing it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom