Chiapppa 1911 .22 LR Range Report

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caseman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It’s a dedicated .22 in a facsimile of a 1911 frame. The magazines are polymer, 10 round capacity and it is lighter than a 1911. It is made of a zinc alloy with a steel lined barrel. No grip safety, but a typical thumb safety. Rear sight is adjustable for windage with a fixed front site. I think they make a model with an adjustable rear sight for height. Holds action open after the last round

Took the new 1911 .22 to the range today. Wasn’t the best day to go shooting, but I wanted to see what she could do. I generally run a few hundred of mini-mags through any new .22 semi-auto I buy as it seems to loosen them up. I thought I had a couple of hundred in the safe, but I was wrong. I did have some CCI Standard so I shot them first. Had a few FTF in the first magazine. The more rounds fired the better it got. After about 30 rounds of the CCI, I tried the Fed bulk. It ran fine. After about 30 rounds of that I tried some Wolf Match Target. With the lower velocity of the Wolf, the gun would not return to battery.

The pistol shot very consistent. But the point of impact was low. The manual said that should be expected and the front sight is made extra tall and will need to be filed down to the shooters preference. I really don’t understand why they couldn’t figure this out at the factory, but its not that big of a deal. Next trip out, I’ll bench the pistol at 25 yards to see just how tight of groups it will shoot. I’m sure it won’t be as accurate as my S&W 41, but I think it is a keeper.

12gabackup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Be very careful if you take the grips off. The left grip holds the safety plunger tube and a slide safety with spring in place. Parts can go flying.
Don't ask me how I know this...

PS: The trigger pull can be lightened up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom