Choose my next 1911

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which 1911 should I get next (that has a light rail)

• Para

Votes: 18 8.4%
  • Springfield

Votes: 102 47.7%
  • Kimber

Votes: 66 30.8%
  • Doublestar

Votes: 8 3.7%
  • Taurus

Votes: 20 9.3%

• Total voters

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
for 1300 or less, I'd get a Kimber Warrior hands down over any Springer.

I've owned 3 Springfield 1911s now and while they do have a lot of history behind them and produce quality firearms most of the time, I've experienced several QC issues with some of their finished products that are a real turnoff (read - out of spec parts, unfinished or rough finished parts that should be a hell of a lot nicer for the price of the gun, etc...).

Seems like today, the price of a more basic springer is damn near as much as a Kimber and while Kimber is known for their issues (I used to think of them as the Wal-Mart of custom 1911s for a while) the Warrior has quite a bit less MiM in it as well as no Schwartz safety (and an internal extractor - not that you have to worry about an external unless you're buying a Kimber that's several years old).

I've seen several Kimber 1911 handguns go for well under Springfield's nicer 1911's cost lately and Kimber's customer support is usually tops if you have any issues.

I know I'll be getting a Desert Warrior soon enough.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nobody should spend $1300 on any production gun. For $1300 you're knocking on the door of a Les Baer PII. Which is a significant step up from all the Kimber or Springer products in that price range.

Lucky13

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nobody should spend $1300 on any production gun. For $1300 you're knocking on the door of a Les Baer PII. Which is a significant step up from all the Kimber or Springer products in that price range.

I agree that Les Baer would be a step up. But I disagree about $1300 for a production gun. i.e. I ride a GSX-R 1000 or (for those of you that don't ride) a crotch rocket. I have 7 helmets even though I only have one head. Now some of my friends think I'm nuts for paying an average of about $500 for each when I can easily get one for $100 - $200 that does the job just as good. But I like them, if anything just the paint or the name. Like my girlfriend and purses. She'll spend $1500 on a purse just because it's name brand. Wow after reading this. It's really not that good of an example. But I figured this would give someone another view. But I'm pretty sure I screwed that up. :screwy:

Lucky13

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
well it's either the Kimber - Warrior or SA - TRP. I'm gonna go shoot them both when i get back home. i'm TDY in Vegas right now. So whichever one just feels right for that moment is what i'm going with.

Latest posts

Top Bottom