Choose my next 1911

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which 1911 should I get next (that has a light rail)

• Para

Votes: 18 8.4%
  • Springfield

Votes: 102 47.7%
  • Kimber

Votes: 66 30.8%
  • Doublestar

Votes: 8 3.7%
  • Taurus

Votes: 20 9.3%

• Total voters

sleepyj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I own a Taurus 1911 and have been very pleased. I have ran well over 1000 rounds thru it with out problem, and i payed about $475 bucks.

dub1464

New to the site!
Reaction score
well just word about para have two one is single stack single action had around 10,000 rounds ran through it not one problem and one Lda that is fairly new and would not take for the ss sa had two jams shooting some blaze ammo changed ammo not one problem i will buy another with that kind of results

redleg45

Marksman
Reaction score
I have several .45s, from Colts, Remington-Rand, Para Ordanances and a .40 cal STI. For the money, the Paras were the most bang for the buck. (and they are the only ones that I have that came with a light rail, although a rail can be put on any 1911)

Engineman1960

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Years ago I bought a used Kimber Tactical Custom (before they offered it with a rail) shot real low at 25 yards; sent it back to Kimber, they put on new sights shoots dead on -- changed the full length guide rod to standard plug and guide, works great. Picked up a used Sig GSR with a rail had some initial teething problems; returned to stock parts -- works great now

Latest posts

Top Bottom