Chris Christie Unveils Sweeping Gun Control Plans

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ban the 50 caliber? Did I miss something, how many people have been killed on US streets with those? I wrote Christie off after he helped get obama re-elected.

50 cal has probably been used a lot more than you think in American deaths... but you'll probably have to look in the 18th and 19th century to confirm it.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A lot of people throw the RINO tag at actual conservative Republicans for the flimsiest of excuses, but Christie is the real deal. He's a genuine tin-plated faux Republican, and always has been; aside from his propensity for pointing out the stupidity of reporters in no uncertain term, I never saw why any Republicans were ever on his bandwagon. He and John Huntsman are the poster boys for East Coast Republicans--or, as the rest of the country calls them, Liberal Democrats. Hell, Dan Boren was a much better Republican than those two...

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A lot of people throw the RINO tag at actual conservative Republicans for the flimsiest of excuses, but Christie is the real deal. He's a genuine tin-plated faux Republican, and always has been; aside from his propensity for pointing out the stupidity of reporters in no uncertain term, I never saw why any Republicans were ever on his bandwagon. He and John Huntsman are the poster boys for East Coast Republicans--or, as the rest of the country calls them, Liberal Democrats. Hell, Dan Boren was a much better Republican than those two...

Gotta agree with all of this. Sometime back when everyone was begging him to run, I heard him in an interview somewhere. It was about guns and he was saying that he supported the 2A, blah, blah, but he thought that NJ's gun laws were about right and should be the model for the country. I also remember right after he was elected governor he made a real big deal about some new education panel he had assembled or something. It was chock full of libtard democrats and reminded me of McCain. I think he has done at least some good on spending out there, but that's about the only resemblance to a republican he has.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When he really started becoming popular with republicans was when he was standing up to the unions and the media (two thing republicans hate) and being somewhat fiscally conservative. And at that time, that was the only thing anyone seemed to be worried about so they were willing to give him the nomination if he would only run based on that. Ann Coulter wanted him to have her baby. He declined though probably because he knew that debates would expose him. That's why I am always trying to caution people from jumping on bandwagons.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unfortunately I don't think we can write him off as a presidential contender that easily. Remember that guy named Mitt Romney, who had just as bad of an anti gun record and Republican primary voters didn't care? Granted gun control will play a much bigger role in the 2016 primary than it did in 2012, but the fact remains that there is a significant amount of the Republican electorate, and a very large segment of the establishment power brokers, who don't care a rat's a$$ for the right to bear arms.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't tell me y'all have lost your "broner" for Christie... Just prior to the election everyone was praising him, insisting that he should run in 2016 based on a good speech someone else wrote for him... Sheeple
I never once praised christie. I have always thought be was a liar. He is just a big liberal that does whatever he can to try and make himself look good. Just like hurricane sandy. He had his head up Odipsticks butt the whole time he was with him. This guy is a disgrace. He is the last person we need for our next president. I have a feeling that no matter who we get as our next president we will be screwed.

mons meg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, I think Christie is a mixed bag. But since I am a Certified Devil's Advocate, i would ask this question:

Other than the idiotic .50 ban they are contemplating, how many of the other proposals couldn't be said to be implementing what Wayne LaPierre was screaming about post-Newtown? Mental health...violent video games...enforce and/or strengthen existing laws...put LaPierre's Newtown statement up against the text quoted in the OP.

Latest posts

Top Bottom