Civil War

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't even know how I feel about it all. What we've witnessed under Obama is a weaponized federal system based on ideology. A small part of me wants retaliation because those who pursued this agenda deserve to pay. A larger part of me knows it's wrong, even if it allows the unpunished to become more brazen.

I'd really just like to see the country heal and the divide gap get closed up some, but what I'm seeing right now from the left tells me they'll reject any attempts to do so. I really don't want to go through four more years of attacks and partisan bickering. :(

Dieselwrench

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It doesn't look like we have a choice. Neither side will get along with the other. In the eyes of the dems the republicans and do no right. The dems can do no wrong in their eyes and when they are rebutted, like in the election, they won't accept that it falls squarely in their lap. The country is tired of what we've had and dang sure don't want what hitlery had to offer. It isn't going to change until all politicians decide as a whole to stop trying to keep there position and do what's best for the country. Bigger government is not what's best for the country. We need to be responsible for ourselves and not beholden to the government.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unfortunately I do not think the "I will accept your candidate and everything will be all right only as long as your candidate does what I want my way" mentality is not going to go away soon, or help America.

Many people have gotten so independent and radical about "their mission in life" on social issues instead of trying to better the personal living situations for all. Soros has intentionally caused a lot of that. They have become so vocal and can not accept any other points of view other than their own with little rational thinking on their own or more importantly keep their nose out of other peoples business that does not affect or concern them. I personally really do not care what two consenting adults do in their bedroom. None of my business, but you don't have to make a spectacle of your self while I am eating in a restaurant. Reasonable?

The "I am not going to vote for Trump because he is a racist." attitude some people had was fine with me, but it does not make much sense to follow it up with "I am voting for Hillary instead because she is a woman" baffles me. It seems the "racist" callers are more likely the true racists.

I have always voted for the best person I though would do the best job for our country, not who I thought would be the biggest rock star image. No candidate is going to totally please everyone or for that matter anyone. Sometimes I win, sometimes I loose, life goes on and most of us work with it.

Trump is already getting flack for his cabinet picks, color, background, financial status, military background, gender, yes anyone can find something to ***** about if you nit pick enough. I really think he is trying to pick the best people he can find that will accept for the job to be done.

Time will tell if the radicals will peacefully let this happen or not. Their choice, not ours. I am sure many out here are available to help answer the call if needed. Oklahoma is more united than other areas, most likely less problems around here.

Later if the economy grows, many may find their "entitlements" drying up as the labor market opens and people are expectwd to support themselves. Then we may have some real problems when the freeloaders have to take a real job and do it or be fired and have no income.

Time will tell, but the sun will brighten the sky tomorrow, even if it rains.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unfortunately I do not think the "I will accept your candidate and everything will be all right only as long as your candidate does what I want my way" mentality is not going to go away soon, or help America.

Many people have gotten so independent and radical about "their mission in life" on social issues instead of trying to better the personal living situations for all. Soros has intentionally caused a lot of that. They have become so vocal and can not accept any other points of view other than their own with little rational thinking on their own or more importantly keep their nose out of other peoples business that does not affect or concern them. I personally really do not care what two consenting adults do in their bedroom. None of my business, but you don't have to make a spectacle of your self while I am eating in a restaurant. Reasonable?

The "I am not going to vote for Trump because he is a racist." attitude some people had was fine with me, but it does not make much sense to follow it up with "I am voting for Hillary instead because she is a woman" baffles me. It seems the "racist" callers are more likely the true racists.

I have always voted for the best person I though would do the best job for our country, not who I thought would be the biggest rock star image. No candidate is going to totally please everyone or for that matter anyone. Sometimes I win, sometimes I loose, life goes on and most of us work with it.

Trump is already getting flack for his cabinet picks, color, background, financial status, military background, gender, yes anyone can find something to ***** about if you nit pick enough. I really think he is trying to pick the best people he can find that will accept for the job to be done.

Time will tell if the radicals will peacefully let this happen or not. Their choice, not ours. I am sure many out here are available to help answer the call if needed. Oklahoma is more united than other areas, most likely less problems around here.

Later if the economy grows, many may find their "entitlements" drying up as the labor market opens and people are expect to support themselves. Then we may have some real problems when the freeloaders have to take a real job and do it or be fired and have no income.

Time will tell, but the sun will brighten the sky tomorrow, even if it rains.

I think the actual problem isn't that people are too independent, it's just that they're not independent enough. There are certain groups of professionals on fox news, MSNBC and others who divide us. Politicians divide us, too for their own purposes. The Media and celebrities are responsible.

I think a lot of it is a culture war of sorts.

People can lose their livelihoods for being politically incorrect, liberals trying to shove their ideas down our throats.

I think conservatives have done that to an extent, too. But i think the liberals are trying to do it through culture.

people don't tolerate certain viewpoints. See what happens if you say something 'racist'. That's an 'unacceptable' opinion in many corners. That's what drives that wedge between people. intolerance of different opinions.

Latest posts

Top Bottom