cleaning AR-15 gas tube

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I cant believe someone would let a gun get that bad and be ok with it. Thats crazy. When I read this post earlier, it motivated me to go clean my AR.:laughup:

I'm guessing he's not a guy that "is ok" with the gun being dirty, but this is more like the torture tests with the Glock, proving that an AR doesn't have to be spotless to run.

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's awesome. I would be proud if I got my weapon that dirty. Some people like to use their guns instead of take pretty pictures of them for the internet. (before anyone gets sand in their V that was not directed at anyone just a comment in general)

Oh yeah.... No need to clean a gas tube.

ExSniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While in the Army, we ran a torture test on M-16s, shooting blanks and live rounds to the point that the rifle was so dirty you could not pull the charging handle to the rear. One of us held the rifle, butt on the ground, while another soldier buttstroked the charging handle. Then the weapon would continue to function normally. I cannot recall the exact round count but I know we went over 10K in live rounds and close to 3K using blanks. It hurt me every time I would bring that rifle back and turn it in to the arms room. I really wanted to clean it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom