Click on this if your smart about Tomato Plants!!! NEW UPDATE!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thought I would go ahead and post this unique situation up. We cannot figure it out, only that if a person is playing mind games with us and are either lucky with their endeavor or if it is natural. But we cannot explain either, I cannot believe it is natural. OK here is the Story about our Weird Tomato Plant! LOL!

This is the third year it has occurred. A little Tomato Plant in the photos below comes up and actually makes Tomato's. Last year it did not make any as it was just terrible hot. You will note that in the photo is not in the Flower Bed, but it comes up between the concrete sidewalk and the edging of the Flower Bed! And it DOES NOT come back in the same spot, it has been in three different spots along the walk way leading to our front door.

Our front door is seldom used by the way, our kids always come to the back door, as there is a driveway that goes behind the house. I bet our front door does not get opened more than a dozen times a year.

So what say you fellow Prep Gardeners? You think it is a joke someone plays and if so, how do they successfully get it to grow this third year? And we suspect no one as well.

Or do you think it may be natural and long ago, there was a old garden bed where this house was built?

Blows our mind!!!!!! Haaaaaaaaaaaa!!

Last edited:

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's crazy!

Maybe you have a bird sneaking some tomatoes and crapping tomato seed up there? For the seed though to make it though the winter and germinate next season though, that's friggen crazy! Definitely interested in other's opinion on that! There's some very smart agricultural fella's here.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Interesting for sure. Wouldnt think a tomato seed could make it thru a winter. Ive let.peppers sit in a garden an go to seed so to speak and the next year got some runts to sprout up. So maybe its possible.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know. It has freaked us out. Other than birds. We cannot see how it or the three has came up between the concrete and brick edging each time. I will say that the sidewalk leading up the front door is right next to a brick wall as you see, the front of the house faces due west. But this winter as we all know, it snowed and iced up I know at least a foot right on the sidewalk. As I had taken the gutters off the edge of the roof line right there to re roof and have not put em back on. So a lot of ice built up there this winter, so bad that no one could get to the front door. I don't know, it has blown our minds. I do know, I do have a couple buddys that are highly suspecting. But have not said a word about it to anyone till now. LOL!

Oh yea, right on the other side of the house about 60 feet away is one of the raised beds, that does have the majority of our Tomato Plants that we grow. I bet it is a bird.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it is a bird, the amazing thing is it is making it through the winter, especially with the conditions you said you had at your house. That's pretty wild.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seeds make it through winter all the time. So that is possible. Question I have is, do you let the tomato continue to grow and set fruit, or do you pull it out when you find it?

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seeds make it through winter all the time. So that is possible. Question I have is, do you let the tomato continue to grow and set fruit, or do you pull it out when you find it?

I have a metal rod that I drive down on the flower bed side of the brick edging and take cord and tie the main stem up to it in several places. It has 9 little tomato's on it this year, last year none, but the first year it made a few. It only will get sun from about noon and on.

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had 4 heirloom plants last year that were producing more than I could handle in a raised bed in my back yard. There were many tomatoes that hit the ground last fall. This year I had ten plants come up from seed. I was amazed and they are producing better this year than the 4 heirlooms I planted this year.

Enjoy the free food!!!

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another BIG Clue, the wife came home from work. I told her I staked up and tied up the mystery Tomato Plant! And that I posted it on the shooting board, I recently joined, in the Preppers/Garden section. She started in on how she figured it out a week ago when it came up and damn if she does not have a good theory and most likely why! She says she figured it out a week ago, but just never thought to tell me, till today! So like the guy in the General Section, WHY? Well, we will just never understand them is why! LOL!

So here it is. The wife's theory, and damn it holds water, I think! LOL!

Note the photo below. It seems that birds are attracted to this little fake Sparkling Turtle, and that it gets moved a lot around inside that flower bed and that birds jack with it, and peck at it, and what ever. And the Grandson who is 2 1/2 now likes it and will grab it and play with it and the wife makes him put it back down when they go on around the house. So the birds are jacking, attracted to the bright green little fake turtle and are shitting Tomato seeds along where the Turtle sits! She stated that she had noticed a lot of bird **** right by that Turtle!

It is a wild but plausible theory and the most solid one we have! Check the photo of it, it is only about three inches long and inch and half tall. Hmmmmmmmmmm what do you folks think? She full of it, or can she have a solid theory? What say you?

Latest posts

Top Bottom