Click on this if your smart about Tomato Plants!!! NEW UPDATE!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm going with the crazy bird theory. The best blackberries I've ever had were off a volunteer bush that started along a fence line along the south side of a run on my dad's horse barn. I'm positive the seeds for it were dropped there by a bird sitting on the fence. There was not any other blackberry bushes anywhere on his 5 acres, or on any of the other properties around there ...

Cute turtle!! Lol

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lets test this theory ....

Move the turtle to a other flower bed and see if you get any new tomato Plants.

LOL! It has been proven. We moved the little turtle and the birds just go crazy over it. I guess it is the shinny stuff that is glued on the turtles back! And we are watering the Tomato Plant, it has 7 little Tomato's on it, I staked it and tied it off to the stake to help it. It was and still is a weird event though.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seeds do survive winter, I have had every type of veggie I've ever planted come up volunteer the next year.
Bird poop is extremely plausible, as is terrapin and YOU, as in picking tomatoes, step on seed and it sticks to your shoe (however unlikely). The plant itself could be dropping fruit and reseeding itself, hence the different location.

A bit freaky, but plausible.

Latest posts

Top Bottom