• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Want To Buy CO2 or mixed gas welding cylinder FOUND!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
You can lease or buy the cylinder, either way you exchange the bottle or if you own a bottle you can request them fill it. Just don’t buy a cylinder from someone else who doesn’t have proof of ownership. The gas supplier I use and I’ve talked to others won’t exchange a bottle that a different company leases unless you have a receipt of purchase. The bottle will have a company’s name on the neck. That’s when the receipts come in to play.
I was given an Argon tank, took it to A Welder's Supply and for $45, I got a different tank of compressed Argon. They took my tank as a trade. I contacted A Welders yesterday. THey said their mixed gas MIG tanks are $280 and they are not selling any because they cannot get any from the manufacturer.

I am trying to find a tank to buy from another source and trade it for theirs. Clear enough?

Also, some companies don't fill their tanks at their shops. They send them off to get filled.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I was given an Argon tank, took it to A Welder's Supply and for $45, I got a different tank of compressed Argon. They took my tank as a trade. I contacted A Welders yesterday. THey said their mixed gas MIG tanks are $280 and they are not selling any because they cannot get any from the manufacturer.

I am trying to find a tank to buy from another source and trade it for theirs. Clear enough?

Also, some companies don't fill their tanks at their shops. They send them off to get filled.
What size tank was the 280 quote?

IMG_7439.jpeg

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I bought 2 size f(60cf) tanks from Fullerton wielding supply. Cost me about $150 each. They have different sizes and fill bottles there. They are located in Inola Ok.

IMG_0084.jpeg

Last edited:

Buck98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I'm trying to find a mixed gas or just CO2 welding cylinder. If some one out there has one they can spare or get rid of I would surely appreciate it.

Welding supply stores aren't selling them because they cannot get them.
Is this what you need? 25 inches tall, 8 inches in diameter- approximately. Doesn’t have any other markings that I can see.

Attachments

• IMG_5316.png
    IMG_5316.png
    9.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5315.png
    IMG_5315.png
    7.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5314.png
    IMG_5314.png
    8.2 MB · Views: 0

Buck98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
If you’re willing to drive to Shawnee we might be able to kill two birds with one stone. I’d take $20 for the tank and I think I have 2 pipe benders in my barn somewhere. I will check on them later and let you know. Don’t know what they’re worth but hopefully they’ll be what you need. I’ll get back later. Let me know if you’d meet in Shawnee.

Buck98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
One is marked 1/2 in. the other isn’t marked but slightly bigger, I guess it’s 3/4 in. They don’t have the fancy aluminum handles but I’d take $40 for both.

Attachments

• IMG_5318.jpeg
    IMG_5318.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Is this what you need? 25 inches tall, 8 inches in diameter- approximately. Doesn’t have any other markings that I can see.
One is marked 1/2 in. the other isn’t marked but slightly bigger, I guess it’s 3/4 in. They don’t have the fancy aluminum handles but I’d take $40 for both.
Yessir! That is exactly what I need on both want ads!

Where in Shawnee and when? I could meet you at the Discount Tire parking lot today.

TulsaMike

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Dm me if you haven’t figured this out yet, I have a guy in BA that sells the tanks and works with the air gas company down the street so they guarantee to take the bottles to swap for full ones.

Latest posts

Top Bottom