Cold Tonight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah I just brought into my garage some of my outside plants. Succulents, banana tree, a few cactus. Filled up a 6 foot folding banquet table. Next week it goes to another place for the winter, a warm spot inside with windows/light.

Have had these for too many years, and the expense, to just let them die.

I have a LOT of stuff outside, in pots, that will stay out, they won't make it through the winter in a greenhouse anyway. Annuals.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah I just brought into my garage some of my outside plants. Succulents, banana tree, a few cactus. Filled up a 6 foot folding banquet table. Next week it goes to another place for the winter, a warm spot inside with windows/light.

Have had these for too many years, and the expense, to just let them die.

I have a LOT of stuff outside, in pots, that will stay out, they won't make it through the winter in a greenhouse anyway. Annuals.

The wifey leaves her banana plants in the ground. We do dig up the Elephant Ears and several others.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
0f52492a0dcef33f28ad052ed2e7a690.jpg

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We covered a few of our plants that are still producing good. The tomato, green beans and one zucchini. Rest can die.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The wifey leaves her banana plants in the ground. We do dig up the Elephant Ears and several others.
OH! Thanks, I didn't think about the Elephant Ear. I'll dig it up in the morning and stash it with the others.

Do you stick it in a pot with dirt to get it through the winter? I paid $15.00 for this Elephant Ear, plants are getting quite expensive.

Thanks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom