Colorado Places and Beauty

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncle Meat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's the Buena Vista area.
i494.photobucket.com_albums_rr303_reddirt96_Colorado_DSC00746_1.jpg

i494.photobucket.com_albums_rr303_reddirt96_Colorado_DSC02766.jpg

In two weeks, I'll be staying in a cabin at the base of the second peak in the foreground.
This is just west of Wilkerson Pass.
i494.photobucket.com_albums_rr303_reddirt96_Colorado__G4M5557.jpg

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice pictures. The first one of your Buena Vista group looks almost like its highway 50 west of Canon City. That's a good drive west of Canon City. And, a guy could always use some fresh fruit from Rocky Ford. I remember many a year, stopping there on our way to Hotchkiss, CO. We had family that lived there and went fishing up on Grand Mesa. I'll have to find that Grand Lake as well.

Good job, Guys. As of right now (Friday), we're staying in Guymon a couple of days. Then we'll leave out Sunday morning and head for Clayton, NM and then spend the night in an RV park at the summit of Raton Pass. Then, Mountaindale the next day, for whoever knows how long.

Something from Mountaindale's Facebook page:

A HORRIBLE Traffic Jam

A guy that works at that RV resort in Summers tells me that our future "home site" is right at the area where the deer come into the park.

Not to make anyone jealous here, but it is an absolute nightmare to be retired and able to take 9 days to go 750 miles. We went into Palo Duro Canyon State Park near Canyon, TX yesterday. I'll have to post a photo from there in the "Random Photo" thread, since it isn't a Colorado picture.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, have an enjoyable and safe trip to your new home. I'll be watching for pictures ... I still don't know about the camera. Been too busy playing with my new sewing machine to do much reading ... Besides I have until Christmas to make a decision. I already told Scott that's my next "big" present to myself. Gotta get all my toys bought before he retires! :naughty:

Tell Jo I said "HEY!" :wave:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Opps ... another one of those danged double-posts ... :nolike:

What? As moderator you can't even delete your own double posts? What kind of software is OSA using anyway?

On the RV forum I moderate, I can delete and PERMANENTLY ban an IP, as well as any thread or post. I just can't ban individuals for specific periods of time.

Uncle Meat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good eye Terry.
I double checked and that pic was taken around Texas Creek on hiway 50.

This pic was taken on 50 just east of Fowler on our way back to Okla.
i494.photobucket.com_albums_rr303_reddirt96_Colorado__G4M5628.jpg

One the way to the top of Weston Pass.
i494.photobucket.com_albums_rr303_reddirt96_Colorado_DSC00595.jpg

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What? As moderator you can't even delete your own double posts? What kind of software is OSA using anyway?

On the RV forum I moderate, I can delete and PERMANENTLY ban an IP, as well as any thread or post. I just can't ban individuals for specific periods of time.

I can but I'm on the kindle and it's a PITA ... so ... Ima a not fooling with it ... :P

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have been in our new "home site" now since Tuesday. Monday, the day we were scheduled to arrive found us arriving with someone still having their RV in our reserved site. So, they put us up on an empty one for the first night and we moved in on Tuesday. Below are some pictures of our site. The rock walls and shrubbery is a common enhancement to the RV park, along with all the sites that I've looked closely at being of good size. We can park both of our trucks and the RV in the site and still have an area to the back for a picnic table, our grill, and still have room.

Oh, and yeah, we had an evening visitor last night. She arrived and walked by our neighbor's RV but she was still nearby when we got to our site, so I took some pictures of her. Too bad I was focusing so much on here and didn't even notice the satellite dish was in the photo.

Latest posts

Top Bottom