COLT 6920 worth it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've been bragging all over about my new LWRC. IM VERY HAPPY ABOUT MY PURCHASE, I KNOW ITS PRICEY BUT I THINK A COLT CANT TOUCH IT QUALITY WISE. I say if you gonna spend $1000 just spend $2000 and be very happy...lol

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think the price difference between Colt and any other quality company making AR platforms is high enough to justify saying "you are only paying for the name". You get a company that has stood the test of time and stands behind their product. And when I am at the LGS holding a Colt, RRA and S&W, there is a difference in the "feel" of the gun. And from what I have seen, the difference is somewhere around 100 to 200 dollars. Are the Colts worth that? Maybe. But with a Colt, I know what I'm getting and that the company will stand behind it. As will the others I'm sure.

aeropb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its a product of notoriously good quality. You're paying them to get it right the first time as much as you are the name. I'd at least consider one if I were ever to be in the market for one.

Last edited:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Out Of Stock, does not count, because when they do get them in stock, from what I have seen in the past the price goes up

Dunno why you chose to ignore what I just said and I'm not really concerned as to what you think "counts" or doesn't. As I said one can find a ~ $1K Colt quite easily if they are somewhat patient..... they come in waves and go quickly.

I believe G and R sold their last batch at $950ish.

I've yet to see a $1000 Colt at a local gunshow. Just about any dealer at the gunshows will be gouging on AR stuff from here on out.

M

Mach1soldier

Thanks for the replies guys.

I realize I am paying slightly more for the colt name but is sort of iconic to me. I grew up shooting colts and my dad always seemed to make money selling them after 8-10 years. They never seemed to lose value.

The best price I have seen is between 1100-1250. I'm planning on purchasing in october when I get home but if none are available, I will wait to see if they go down after the elections. I guess that might depend on who gets elected though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom