Commander back from the Colt Custom Shop Pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IIRC this was a 1975 Colt Combat Commander in satin nickle.

This is a gift from the wife (she is the greatest) to myself as a retirement gift (May 2011).

I wish I was a better photographer, but thats not the case.

Action tuning for enhanced reliability – adjust extractor and ejector; adjust and tune sear and disconnector; lower and flare ejection port with live round clearance ; polish and contour barrel throat and frame ramp; complete dehorn; replace grip safety with Ed Brown with palm swell; replace safety with strong side; checker front strap (25 LPI); enhance cut front strap; install flat checkered mainspring housing (25 LPI); bevel magazine well; tune trigger (4.5 lb); EGW thick flange bushing; EGW plug; install Novak night sights. Complete refinish with polished on the flats and matte elsewhere.

Before
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v231_GLG20_DSC00350.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v231_GLG20_DSC00349.jpg

After
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v231_GLG20_DSC00387.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v231_GLG20_DSC00386.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v231_GLG20_DSC00385.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v231_GLG20_DSC00384.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v231_GLG20_DSC00383.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v231_GLG20_DSC00382.jpg

Last edited:

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rumor has it this guy has it made....Didn't do much work at work and now he's living it up in retirement! HAHA.....Congrats man you deserve it.

Hey its more work at the house then ever thought possible! Thanks for the congrats.

Adjusted the pics to reflect the before and after along with some better pics.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats, Chard I take back not liking you. Now since were buddies again, since you have that wonderful Colt. You don't need that nasty ol Les Baer. Sooooooo how bout it Ol Buddy?.... All joking aside, that is very nice, and congrats on the life of easy living.

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congrats, Chard I take back not liking you. Now since were buddies again, since you have that wonderful Colt. You don't need that nasty ol Les Baer. Sooooooo how bout it Ol Buddy?.... All joking aside, that is very nice, and congrats on the life of easy living.

Les is one of retirement buddies, along with a few others. I will keep ya in mind if we have a falling out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom