Compact 1911s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

78jeep

Im thinking of buying a compact 1911 pistol in stainless steel under 4inch barrel length. I have it narrowed down to 2 manufacturers,Springfield,and Kimber. Any suggestions? Looking for ambidextrous safety and all stainless pistol no aluminum in .45 cal. Im open to other manufacturers. Feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've heard good and bad about Kimber and Springfield. I had a Kimber 3in. before and never had a single malf out of maybe 600 rnds. I've got a Springfield 4in. 1911 for several years, probably 2000 rnds through it with only the extremely rare FTF on certain hollow point ammo. I'm thinking of getting a Springfield Micro myself but haven't committed to it yet. I think either way you go, both companies are good about customer service so if you find you have any problems with the gun, you shouldn't have any problem getting it fixed in a jiffy.

angsniper

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have a Springfield compact that I carry all the time. I love the gun. When I first got it I had feed issues. Swapped over to Wilson 47's and haven't had a single issue since.

Kaw77

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 3" Kimber ss and I couldnt be happier Ive had a couple mag issues but no other problems in 2 yrs a approaching 1000 rounds
I work too much to get to the range often

Latest posts

Top Bottom