Computer Mystery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My old desktop has Webroot security on it. I used to be able to right click on a file or folder and use "Permanently erase with Webroot" to delete an item. Now if I do that Webroot only scans the item and doesn't erase it. I've gone through the instructions on the Webroot page to make this erase action work without any luck. This is not something I disabled so; I don't know what happened. Any computer experts know how to fix this.

GIJROB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My old desktop has Webroot security on it. I used to be able to right click on a file or folder and use "Permanently erase with Webroot" to delete an item. Now if I do that Webroot only scans the item and doesn't erase it. I've gone through the instructions on the Webroot page to make this erase action work without any luck. This is not something I disabled so; I don't know what happened. Any computer experts know how to fix this.
To deal with the problem of webroot not permanently deleting files, do the following:

Update Webroot – Make sure that your Webroot software has been updated to the latest version.

Settings Check:

Open up your web browser and navigate over to ‘Settings.’

Click on ‘Utilities’ in the top right-hand corner of the screen.

Underneath where it says “Erase Securely” there should be a little box next to it, make sure this is checked off.

Reinstall Webroot – Sometimes reinstalling programs like these can fix issues with functionality, so uninstall then download/install again from their website if applicable (Webroot).

Support Contact: If nothing else works contact support for more help troubleshooting steps or bug awareness regarding what might have gone wrong here while using this program called ‘webroot’.

These suggestions are expected to help fix this problem so that “permanently erase with webroot” becomes functional once again.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I checked last night, and I had that box checked. I didn't get it to work last night. I was going to reinstall Webroot this morning to see if that would fix it. I tried to delete a file this morning and it is now working. Computers are just unpredictable like women. Thanks for your help.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I checked last night, and I had that box checked. I didn't get it to work last night. I was going to reinstall Webroot this morning to see if that would fix it. I tried to delete a file this morning and it is now working. Computers are just unpredictable like women. Thanks for your help.
This is true. I've always said my favorite thing about working on computers is when you try the same fix five times and it doesn't work, then the sixth time it magically works. :pms2:

JoeUSooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've always maintained that you should never let an inanimate object know that you're in a hurry. :D

With that mindset, when my computer 'misbehaves,' I just kick it, and then remind it that I know exactly where the "plug-in 'universal off' switch" is. And it usually straightens right up. Amazing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom