Confiscation Has Started!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
There are maybe 30 million guns in California right now. Last year there were 981,000 background checks for gun buys in California. Last year California collected 2000 guns from owners the legally bought the guns but were now disqualified due to felony convictions and mental health issues. Someone please tell Alex Jones to calm down. This is nothing new. It has not "started". We have enough laws to fight without tilting at windmills.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are maybe 30 million guns in California right now. Last year there were 981,000 background checks for gun buys in California. Last year California collected 2000 guns from owners the legally bought the guns but were now disqualified due to felony convictions and mental health issues. Someone please tell Alex Jones to calm down. This is nothing new. It has not "started". We have enough laws to fight without tilting at windmills.

Guess you didn't catch the part where they confiscated a non-criminal, non-mentally ill man's guns because someone in the home voluntarily sought medical treatment and wasn't adjudicated or deemed mentally incompetent by a court, board or commission? :(

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Guess you didn't catch the part where they confiscated a non-criminal, non-mentally ill man's guns because someone in the home voluntarily sought medical treatment and wasn't adjudicated or deemed mentally incompetent by a court, board or commission? :(

The article was about Lynette Phillips of Upland, Calif. The first linked article from TheBlaze had this: Phillips said the nurse had recorded that she was involuntarily admitted and indicated she might be a suicide risk. Phillips claims the nurse had put words into her mouth..
The second linked article from Bloomberg had this: In an interview as agents inventoried the guns, Lynette Phillips said that while she’d been held involuntarily in a mental hospital in December, the nurse who admitted her had exaggerated the magnitude of her condition...She didn’t blame the attorney general’s agents for taking the guns based on the information they had, she said.

Notice the word involuntarily there, in both articles. So, yeah, according to the law in California, they had the right to take the guns as long as she lived in the house. When a judge rules she's not a danger to herself or others they will get their firearms back. If the husband moves out, he can have his firearms back immediately. They just can't be in the house with her.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Me too Glocktogo, for neuropathy. I don't think anyone's going to come knocking on my door (yet). What bothers me is the potential for adding a question on 4473 asking if I've ever had the drug prescribed.

I'm getting to the point (not there yet) where if they're gonna keep lying to me then I might as well lie to them

BallisticGuy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last cop that knocked on our door was letting us know I left the garage door open, it was at 1am and I was nervouse since a knock on the door is never good at 1am. I walked out the and pulled it too behind me. He said we just worked a call where some things were stolen out of a neighbors garage. He was on his way, piece of mind kinda weird at the same time. A lot of people leave the garage doors open at night here and I talked to two ther neighbors in the neighborhood and the police had also let them know as well.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The article was about Lynette Phillips of Upland, Calif. The first linked article from TheBlaze had this: Phillips said the nurse had recorded that she was involuntarily admitted and indicated she might be a suicide risk. Phillips claims the nurse had put words into her mouth..
The second linked article from Bloomberg had this: In an interview as agents inventoried the guns, Lynette Phillips said that while she’d been held involuntarily in a mental hospital in December, the nurse who admitted her had exaggerated the magnitude of her condition...She didn’t blame the attorney general’s agents for taking the guns based on the information they had, she said.

Notice the word involuntarily there, in both articles. So, yeah, according to the law in California, they had the right to take the guns as long as she lived in the house. When a judge rules she's not a danger to herself or others they will get their firearms back. If the husband moves out, he can have his firearms back immediately. They just can't be in the house with her.

You do know that a person can be involuntarily committed for a brief period of time (usually 24-72 hours) without being mentally incompetent or a threat, right? It's an evaluation period. I guarantee you that had she been an actual danger to herself or others, she would not have been released in 48 hours.

That is an overblown witch hunt my friend. Which is why the federal law has always been explained on the 4473:

Committed to a Mental Institution: A formal commitment of a person to a mental institution by a court, board, commission, or other lawful authority. The term includes a commitment to a mental institution involuntarily. The term includes commitment for mental defectiveness or mental illness. It also includes commitments for other reasons, such as for drug use. The term does not include a person in a mental institution for observation or a voluntary admission to a mental institution. Please also refer to Question 11.c. for the definition of a prohibited person.

She stated that she went to the facility voluntarily. She was released within 48 hours. She's had access to the guns for three months after that with no negative consequences. She ain't nuts. They shouldn't have taken her husband's guns.

Nuff said. :(

Aku

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm wondering how the woman in california can have the guns taken without a hearing; i.e. taking property without due process of law. What about just compensation? As one poster said, she will get the guns back, or her husband will get his back, if she isn't in the house. Who determines when and if the guns are ever returned? And besides isn't this a Bill of Attainder?

There's too many questions that need to be answered, and should be answered or there could be a major backlash, and not just from people in california.

Latest posts

Top Bottom