Conflicted.... Card #19

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clock152

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The survival group you belong to has lots of children. What are three essential life skills that every child should know in today's current society? What are three other skills you would add to their education in a post-apocalyptic world?

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
hmmm in todays current society, how to have a real conversation face to face, Take responsibility for your actions, self defense (shooting, martial arts etc)

in a shtf society, self defense, how to safely i.d. and process/forage food & water, basic medical care including how to make herbal medicines.

Johnjosiah

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last edited:

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Honesty and truth are characteristics to me, not skills, so:

Today: How to communicate effectively through written word, verbally, and electronic means, how to operate firearms effectively, how to cook.

SHTF: how to get water, how to preserve food, how to barter safely with folks you don't know.

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Today: How to work hard, how to communicate beyond their own demographic, how to pray
Post apocalyptic: How to avoid detection, how to destroy large machines and equipment, how to escape detention

eyecyou

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know its more than 3 but its what I grew up with n lived by and what I'll teach my daughter.

A Scout is:
Trustworthy,
Loyal,
Helpful,
Friendly,
Courteous,
Kind,
Obedient,
Cheerful,
Thrifty,
Brave,
Clean,
and Reverent.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

SomeCallMeMom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hard to choose only three since I feel that knowledge and how to use it are the keys of success. There are some good ones listed above & truly most skills can be used for today's society, but I'll try to put some other ones not already listed.

For today: good work ethic, ability to think on your own/drawing conclusions based on facts not others opinions, to be thrifty.

For SHTF: concealment, how to not disclose or volunteer information, how to work in groups.

Sunshine7388

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is a good one. I had to do 4 for today's world. I really see those 4 as being pretty important, but there are so many that could be listed. There are some great ones already posted.

Today's World

1. Cooking skills
2. Self-Defense
3. Communication skills
4. Being Moneywise (Living within your means)

SHFT World

1. Trading/Bartering skills
2. Farming/Edible Wildlife/hunting
3. Medical skills

Latest posts

Top Bottom