Conflicted.... Card #33

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife wondered why it has to be a woman? I told her it was obvious.
Bob Newhart responded to that quite nicely in a recent rendition of his "driving school" bit. Apparently, people had gotten offended at the driving student being a woman, so he said, fine, we'll make the driver Chinese, then started going through the bit in "Chinese." After a few seconds, he stopped and said, "I can do five more minutes of this, or we can make her a woman again." :D

sklfco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Put her in a position to perform extensive underdesk administrative analysis work. That should be sufficient to see to her protein needs as well as calm down those she has agitated.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i would be in the minority here. My wife or daughter, I am gonna ask for my share of the supplies or take them in the night and we will be gone. You have found my weakness.

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i would be in the minority here. My wife or daughter, I am gonna ask for my share of the supplies or take them in the night and we will be gone. You have found my weakness.

True. I didn't say I wouldn't go with them but as stated, at some point they would have to leave the group for the overall good of the group.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

That's a GREAT point, sir. I've noticed a tendency in these cards (and the responses to them) for us (including me) to assume that whatever problem there is, it is being caused by other folks ... what if the person who is causing an issue for the group is you or someone you hold dear. THAT'S the really hard part of prepping ... at some point in time everyone is gonna have a disagreement about SOMETHING ... I believe how well you choose your group now will determine whether you have a group to work with in a long-term situation or you become a nomad with nothing but what you can carry.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
That's a GREAT point, sir. I've noticed a tendency in these cards (and the responses to them) for us (including me) to assume that whatever problem there is, it is being caused by other folks ... what if the person who is causing an issue for the group is you or someone you hold dear. THAT'S the really hard part of prepping ... at some point in time everyone is gonna have a disagreement about SOMETHING ... I believe how well you choose your group now will determine whether you have a group to work with in a long-term situation or you become a nomad with nothing but what you can carry.

Yep yep. I think the group thing works only so long then I'll "nomad up". Follow the refugee train. I have no desire to rebuild society or build a community. I just wanna be left alone and ride the wave until normalcy come back. If it don't cool then I'll make do.

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

i have nutter SIL I would kick her to the curb so fast her head would spin off LOL If it was someone I loved I guess I would just take us all out of the situation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom