Conflicted... The game.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clock152

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Card #1
Reports of an outbreak of a deadly version of the flu virus had suddenly surfaced at a city 300 miles from you. This news is two days old, and no treatments or cures are available at this time. The mainstream media tries to muffle the case, the alternative media is reporting a major disaster with dozens of deaths already. the reports from the different outlets are extremely conflicting. How would you go about investigating this further until you made a firm decision to bug out or to stay put?

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
2 day old news the flu is probably already spread to your area, depending on your preps you could bug in and take precautions, stay away from public places, wear a mask and wash your hands constantly. If its spreading quickly and so virulent that it is killing people quickly it should burn itself out.

as far as investigating see what the mainstream is telling you, then research some alt news sites and try your best to put two and two together. But still take all the precautions above.

whiskeysnoot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Being in the Fire/EMS field I would try to obtain info from Fire and EMS that were involved with that city. I would rely on info from people like me that are actually there providing treatment rather than the media or gov. agencies. What sucks is fire/ems are the ones expected to respond first to cases and will be most exposed. Tough decision will be when to say "Screw this. I'm not a firefighter anymore."

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
2 day old news the flu is probably already spread to your area, depending on your preps you could bug in and take precautions, stay away from public places, wear a mask and wash your hands constantly. If its spreading quickly and so virulent that it is killing people quickly it should burn itself out.

as far as investigating see what the mainstream is telling you, then research some alt news sites and try your best to put two and two together. But still take all the precautions above.

This!!!!

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Translate this to Dallas...flu in Dallas? Investigate? PM Reddog, call Alex Jones? LOL.

But seriously, I'm not sure. Keep my head up, ask my wife what she's seeing/hearing at work (she's a nurse) and take some precautions.

eyecyou

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Masks and minimal contact with people. Plenty of hand sanitizer and gloves couldnt hurt niether. Then observe abd report from my own view point the amount of traffic at the pharmacies and hospitals. Then ask around some of the medical professionals

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it's something really serious GC's gonna wind up going "12 on/12 off, all days off and leave cancelled until further notice". My whole crisis plan revolves around that phrase in quotation marks.

I'm not much for getting out in public anyway. Something like this will put a stop to it completely. GC will start dressing and undressing in the garage ... I still remember what it was like when my dad used decontamination techniques when he came home after he thought he'd been exposed to something that might have been communicable to us kids ... Poor ol GC will get a crash course ... because he's not tracking any bug I can't shake off into the house.

Now if he winds up sick that's another story, but there's no reason to not take every precaution. If I wind up sick, well, that's gonna be all she wrote ...

Latest posts

Top Bottom