Conflicted... The game.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stay home if I can. Observe better cleaning practices when/if I go out in public. If I do have to go out and I know that something is happening that is viral, I'll become Japanese and wear a dusk mask that I already own to and from the shop.Take a lot of warm baths. Not sure if it stops anything, but man, does it make me feel good.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stay home if I can. Observe better cleaning practices when/if I go out in public. If I do have to go out and I know that something is happening that is viral, I'll become Japanese and wear a dusk mask that I already own to and from the shop.Take a lot of warm baths. Not sure if it stops anything, but man, does it make me feel good.

Jonathan, dust masks don't filter viruses. Viruses are smaller than dust particles. That's why they make N-95 or N-100 masks ...

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jonathan, dust masks don't filter viruses. Viruses are smaller than dust particles. That's why they make N-95 or N-100 masks ...

The ones I have are the triple layer, with a blue layer in the middle, so I don't know if they are regular dusk masks or something more. I don't know if they'd stop it or not to be honest. I have supplies at my house, well, except for dog food right now, so I could live out of it for a while before venturing out in public.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The ones I have are the triple layer, with a blue layer in the middle, so I don't know if they are regular dusk masks or something more. I don't know if they'd stop it or not to be honest. I have supplies at my house, well, except for dog food right now, so I could live out of it for a while before venturing out in public.

Ok ... whatever you are comfortable with, I guess.

clock152

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
for us... we would bug in and work from home. boost the ol immune system ( sauerkraut juice is great for that ) try and stay in contact with as many folks on here and other net places to see if we can map out where and how fast this thing is moving.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
for us... we would bug in and work from home. boost the ol immune system ( sauerkraut juice is great for that ) try and stay in contact with as many folks on here and other net places to see if we can map out where and how fast this thing is moving.

There's a big push towards raw and raw fermented foods these days. The sauerkraut juice clock152 speaks of is the juice off of sauerkraut that is home fermented (the best) or alternatively you can get in the refrigerated section of the grocery store -- NOT the stuff in cans on the shelf. It has been pasteurized. That means all the beneficial bacteria, etc. has been killed off ... so it won't work to boost your immune system ... or help with your gut flora and fauna ... or anything else ... Just so you know ...

securitysix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You have not lived until you've made a conscious effort to keep your hands away from your face. We did an exercise in Anatomy and Physiology Class where half the class counted the number of times the person next to them touched their face during a 2-hour lab. The students being observed did not know they were being watched. :shocked: O.M.G. Even though we were working with human cadavars it was amazing how many times people touched their faces, ran their hand across their nose, even touched their lips and rubbed their eyes! :nolike: Good grief ...

I'm a bit of a germophobe, spent my formative years helping my dad in surgery and thought I was pretty attentive and I still touched my face nearly a half dozen times ... Yep! I nearly puked when the student who watched me told me that! :puke: (Still ... I was by far the lowest "toucher" ... the student with the next lowest number of touches was WAY WAY WAY ahead of me ... bleech ...)

Give it a try ... You will be surprised. I promise ...

I did say "try". :P I was holding my hand up against my mouth while I read your reply. I also compulsively bite my nails. You can't stop completely, but if you make a conscious effort, you can at least reduce the number of face touches you make in a given day, which will at least slightly lower your chance of exposing yourself to whatever is on your hands.

Latest posts

Top Bottom