Conflicted... The game.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wild Weasel

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Use the contacts I have throught out EMS, LEO, Fire, Hospitals, and my wife with her contacts and availability to info at Major hospitals to get info. Get family home stop all contact with outside until virus ends. Only one family member to travel into public easier to decon 1 than the whole family and limit the opportunities of the virus making it to home base.

Johnjosiah

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
2 day old news the flu is probably already spread to your area, depending on your preps you could bug in and take precautions, stay away from public places, wear a mask and wash your hands constantly. If its spreading quickly and so virulent that it is killing people quickly it should burn itself out.

as far as investigating see what the mainstream is telling you, then research some alt news sites and try your best to put two and two together. But still take all the precautions above.

Agree with with this plan. I would consider movement to an area with the lowest concentration of people. Flu is respiratory spread so mask may be of help along with standard precautions.

Google flu is great. Amazing how well it tracks flu spread. I typically check it at least once a week during flu season. There are getting to be enough years now that you can predict a little bit about how flu season will trend.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My work is farm to farm with very little to no interaction with people, so I would continue to go. My wife is a teacher, and she and my daughter wouldn't be going to school. We don't go to town much anyway, so life wouldn't change all that much. I agree with the use of masks and sanitizer as a precaution.

I have avoided the flu for 45 years so far….

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Minimize public contact. Start hydration ie drink more fluids than normal. Start taking aspirin. At first sign of first symptom, hyperhydrate, start B12 suppliments and start whatever antibiotics you have.

Stay hydrated, keep fever in check and prevent diarrhea and vomiting.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Minimize public contact. Start hydration ie drink more fluids than normal. Start taking aspirin. At first sign of first symptom, hyperhydrate, start B12 suppliments and start whatever antibiotics you have.

Stay hydrated, keep fever in check and prevent diarrhea and vomiting.

I understand minimizing contact, and hydrating, am not sure about preemptive aspirin and B-12 but do not understand the antibiotics regimen. Against a flu-virus they will have no effect so why take them?

Johnjosiah

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I understand minimizing contact, and hydrating, am not sure about preemptive aspirin and B-12 but do not understand the antibiotics regimen. Against a flu-virus they will have no effect so why take them?
I had similar thoughts.

+ weak association between aspirin+flu and Reye's Syndrome. Primarily in children but worth noting. Keep the antibiotics for later when the secondary infection hits if it does...No use building resistance any earlier than necessary.

securitysix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Against a flu-virus they will have no effect so why take them?

This. In fact, if you take antibiotics when you have a viral infection such as the flu, you will actually be harming yourself, because antibiotics will also suppress portions of your immune system.

For an influenza outbreak, minimize contact, practice good hygiene (wash your hands frequently, try to keep your hands away from your nose and mouth, etc.), stay hydrated, stay well fed (keep your strength up so your immune system has plenty to work with), and take immune boosters like vitamin C (no need for pills if you already drink plenty of juice from citrus fruits).

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This. In fact, if you take antibiotics when you have a viral infection such as the flu, you will actually be harming yourself, because antibiotics will also suppress portions of your immune system.

For an influenza outbreak, minimize contact, practice good hygiene (wash your hands frequently, try to keep your hands away from your nose and mouth, etc.), stay hydrated, stay well fed (keep your strength up so your immune system has plenty to work with), and take immune boosters like vitamin C (no need for pills if you already drink plenty of juice from citrus fruits).

You have not lived until you've made a conscious effort to keep your hands away from your face. We did an exercise in Anatomy and Physiology Class where half the class counted the number of times the person next to them touched their face during a 2-hour lab. The students being observed did not know they were being watched. :shocked: O.M.G. Even though we were working with human cadavars it was amazing how many times people touched their faces, ran their hand across their nose, even touched their lips and rubbed their eyes! :nolike: Good grief ...

I'm a bit of a germophobe, spent my formative years helping my dad in surgery and thought I was pretty attentive and I still touched my face nearly a half dozen times ... Yep! I nearly puked when the student who watched me told me that! :puke: (Still ... I was by far the lowest "toucher" ... the student with the next lowest number of touches was WAY WAY WAY ahead of me ... bleech ...)

Give it a try ... You will be surprised. I promise ...

Latest posts

Top Bottom