Cop shoots and kills charging perp with a knife… Intense video

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Honest opinion... The female officer is the one who played stupid games here. Approaching a suspect in a stabbing, gun not drawn, asking him to take the knife out of his pocket. She was totally unprepared for what the suspect did and she's lucky she had a partner that capped that dude in the chest when he did.

And nobody handcuffed/searched the suspect. I don't care how dead someone was, we always put handcuffs on 'em and searched 'em before administering medical aid. Always.

She is really, really lucky.

As far as the bad guy goes... No big loss, I'm sure. No f**ks given for that dude.
She violated a few of the ten, didn't she.

Back in the day, we would have called the DA and coroner to pronounce DRT and taped off the scene.

I have often thought about how I would feel if someone made me kill them. I know this, would be angry at them for making me do that.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are a million different ways this could have been handled. I can see failures to use "best practices" from beginning to end of this event. Maybe that's a good use of this video in future LE training.

Had "best practices" been employed would the perp have ended up in the morgue? Unknown at best. Certainly he should not have advanced quickly on the LE, with knife in hand, at close quarters. At least both LE's got to go home and no civilians, despite being in close proximity to the perp, were harmed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom