Copperhead!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Two weeks ago we had a pretty good size rat snake coming up to the front door of our office for the shade. It was freaking some of our people out. I channeled my inner Steve Irwin and trapped his head with a stick, got him by the tail and carried him out to a pasture beside our building. There were some large round hay bales that offered him plenty of shade, as well as probably a few critters. He didn't care to be there and started making his way back to our building.

When I approached him again going across the gravel side road beside our building he was none to happy about it:
rs1.JPG

He had his chance to live and decided to test his fate. I was fresh out of killing tools (being at work and all), so I improvised:
rs2.JPG

SUV 1 - Snake 0
rs3.JPG

ZGXtreme

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My mother-in-law got bit by one a few years ago. Not a pretty wound at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife’s grandfather got bit by a young one three or so years ago. Was wrapped up on the rung of a ladder. He nearly coded twice and described it as the most excruciating pain he’d endured in his nearly 90 years. With snakes, kill first, ID later!

cdschoonie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got a machete for chopping off snake heads, works much easier that a shovel. One whack is all it takes. Not sure I'll use it on concrete tho.
The way my luck goes, I’d whack it, fling its head at my leg and it would bite me, or I would miss completely, hack my leg off at the shin, and they’d call me Ol’ Stumpy from then on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom