Cops Barge Into Calif. Parents’ Home, Take Their Baby After They Seek 2nd Medical Op.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Assemblyman Tim Donnelly says CPS should be audited after handling of Nikolayev family case

[A state lawmaker has joined the fight demanding answers to why Child Protective Services took a 5-month-old baby from his parents after they took the child to get a second opinion.

Nikolayev's family's story got national and international attention, and now that spotlight has led to increased scrutiny of CPS.

"They've committed no crime, why are they not just free to determine what is in the best interest of their child?" Assem. Tim Donnelly, R-Twin Peaks, asked...

"I'm not sure who is the higher authority over them. The higher authority needs to look into them because they have a very bad track record, and somebody needs to investigate them," Alex Nikolayev said in an interview Tuesday.

That higher authority is the Department of Health and Human Services, and Donnelly wrote to the department director when even he failed to get answers from CPS.

"No. I'm not getting any answers. I'm getting this run-around that CPS, whatever they do, they're allowed to operate in secret, and they're accountable to no one," Donnelly said.

Donnelly has also called for a state audit of the agency after hearing from several other parents who described similar incidents....]

http://www.news10.net/news/article/...e-prompts-legislator-to-call-for-audit-of-CPS

Latest posts

Top Bottom