Cost of Fertilizer and It's Impact

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
already is and yes, if you think it is expensive now, it could double in just a few months. Expense is one thing, shortages are a much bigger risk and that is how violence is triggered. I have been on UN peacekeeping missions and know this from first hand experience. Better to prepare and not need it as they say, and be prepared above all to defend what you have. Unfortunately, dire situations cause many to become absolutely unhinged and serious threats.

A little conversation I had a few years ago with a crew we hired locally for installation work in the southern part of the People's Republic of Dumbphuckistan, formerly known as California. During a break, a conversation got started regarding how they were prepared for a disaster regarding food shortages. More than one of them stated in a non joking manner that all they needed was a gun and that they are not spending money on stocking up. I asked them if they were going to be eating their ammo and they honestly said they will be eating like kings as they will take what they want. Opinions noted and I put them on the no hire list.
I'll guess that Tulsa bunch is going to get really rowdy.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My cost of beef production is already up 50%. We are trying to pre position for hay right now but I carried over enough for this summer in a normal rain year. I will keep my harvest and buy some from my neighbor this year. He likely will keep most of his harvest into winter. Not a good sign.
Got hay needs myself and hope they hold up, the chickens will eat scraps but the cows won't.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Meant to add before hitting send. Some of us here do food plots for hunting purposes. Last year a 50 lb bag of Urea(46-0-0) at Eckroat Seed in OKC was $35. Called yesterday and it's $48. May buy 1000 lbs and just store in container. My own little nitrogen hedge fund!
Are ya in a chicken area ? Chicken chit should serve ya well.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Grant County Oklahoma alone produces enough wheat to provide for the entire state of Oklahoma. The US produces a lot of wheat. If the folks in Washington would just let the USA provide for the USA in every aspect, from food to energy, we'd all be in a better place. Exports would be icing on the cake.
I was'a thinkin that if all the weed farms switched gear and went veggies that we as a state could do well. That is if enough of them were American owned and not Chinese. LOL.

Latest posts

Top Bottom