Costco Air Filling Station

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just used the filling station at the newer Costco near Owasso.

The station uses compressed nitrogen.

You set the pressure on the electronic regulator then use the air chuck to start filling. The gauge will beep when it’s at the set pressure. It’s strange at first because it’s not like compressed air with a constant flow. It’s more of regulated and timed bursts until it reaches the pressure.

It’s cool they offer nitrogen as a free service.

Last edited:

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

You set the pressure on the electronic regulator then use the air chuck to start filling. The gauge will beep when it’s at the set pressure. It’s strange at first because it’s not like compressed air with a constant flow. It’s more of regulated and times bursts until it reaches the pressure.

Do you have to insert your card in the machine to use it?

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder how Costco is going to offset the higher cost of using nitrogen vs. regular air at their filling stations, especially since the benefits of nitrogen aren’t worth it for most drivers.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

You set the pressure on the electronic regulator then use the air chuck to start filling. The gauge will beep when it’s at the set pressure. It’s strange at first because it’s not like compressed air with a constant flow. It’s more of regulated and timed bursts until it reaches the pressure.

Is this straight nitrogen or is it watered down with oxygen? 🤔 I see some issues if it's 100% ...

ETA: OK, not for me, I'm staunchly pro-choice but some doo-gooders who think it is their God-given right to impose their moral code onto the rest of us is gonna be clutching pearls in short order.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder how Costco is going to offset the higher cost of using nitrogen vs. regular air at their filling stations, especially since the benefits of nitrogen aren’t worth it for most drivers.
It’s not at the fuel filling station. It’s outside the tire garage bays. They may use nitrogen when the install tires. I’m going to check.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is this straight nitrogen or is it watered down with oxygen? 🤔 I see some issues if it's 100% ...

ETA: OK, not for me, I'm staunchly pro-choice but some doo-gooders who think it is their God-given right to impose their moral code onto the rest of us is gonna be clutching pearls in short order.
It’s got to be straight nitrogen. I wouldn’t introduce oxygen since it’s high flammable.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Because it’s more expensive to use nitrogen. Hence my question about how Costco is offsetting that cost. It’s not cost-effective for most drivers.
Wow, its way more expensive. Dang

The advantages of tires filled with nitrogen, instead of plain ol' air, aren't big enough to justify the price tag or the inconvenience. On new car tires, the cost can range from $70 to as much as $179. On existing tires, you'll pay up to $30 per tire for service to drain air and refill with N2.

Latest posts

Top Bottom