Court decision paves the way for Australian-style gun ban

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DA 20

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On Monday, the Court of Appeals for the Second U.S. Circuit issued a long awaited decision on the constitutionality of the most drastic gun control law in U.S. history, the New York SAFE Act of 2013. The Second Circuit ruled that nearly all of the law does not violate the Second Amendment.

The SAFE ("Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement") Act was presented to the New York State Senate and passed into law in 15 minutes. No debate was allowed, and senators did not have time to read the bill before voting it into law.

The SAFE Act is a complete ban on the sale or transfer of all military-style semi-automatic rifles manufactured within the past several decades. It is a total ban on the AR-15, AK-47, M-14/M-1a, HK G3, Steyr AUG, and many other civilian copies of military firearms. Prior to the passage of the law, Gov. Cuomo publicly stated that he was considering "confiscation" of existing rifles, but the final version of the law allowed existing owners to keep their rifles as long as they registered them with the State. Upon the death of the owner, the rifle will be confiscated; it cannot be transferred to an heir within New York State.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog...or_australianstyle_gun_ban.html#ixzz3pJu1LFuf
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog...aves_the_way_for_australianstyle_gun_ban.html

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Welp, add New York to the list of places you couldn't pay me to live in.

I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but I just can't get my head around the ignorance. Even IF, I was for these types of control, the cat is already out of the bags folks! How many of these type rifles do you think have been sold just since the time Obama became President? But keep your head in the sand as always, politicians. If you want to control gun violence, it isn't believing in the fairytale that you're going to be able to round them all up and the problem will vanish. I've thought about this as unbiased as I possible can, and that's what I keep coming to. If they were never sold, then maybe. But it's too late.. The bulk of gun violence is still going to take place within criminal sects with illegal weapons, anyway.

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Couldn't read the bill but passed it anyway. Just like Obummercare. F'n Dems.

From the article: "The SAFE ("Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement") Act was presented to the New York State Senate and passed into law in 15 minutes. No debate was allowed, and senators did not have time to read the bill before voting it into law."

Very, very unlike Obamacare.

The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) was passed by the Senate, with added amendments, on Dec. 24th 2009. The bill, that had already passed the House in October of 2009, was sent to the House with amendments. The bill, with amendments, was available for all to read for nearly 3 month before the House vote on March 21st, 2010. The notion that no one had time to read it was propagated by opponents. It's simply not true.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very, very unlike Obamacare.

The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) was passed by the Senate, with added amendments, on Dec. 24th 2009. The bill, that had already passed the House in October of 2009, was sent to the House with amendments. The bill, with amendments, was available for all to read for nearly 3 month before the House vote on March 21st, 2010. The notion that no one had time to read it was propagated by opponents. It's simply not true.

Ok, they all read 2074 pages of the bill and 20,000 pages of instructions to implement it. Every one of them. I believe you.

blazeitornot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The same issues have been talked about for my whole life. Gay marriage, abortion and weed are legal, still legal and being legalized. Prayer in school is still gone. The calls for gun control are so loud that gun owners are afraid of open carry. I'm sure it's nothing to worry about, though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom